Viewing 15 posts - 16,291 through 16,305 (of 39,922 total)
I'm not sure I'd say R5 is the plague, but it is a risk. Two failures is bad news, and even if you have a hot spare, it doesn't mean...
May 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm
So I've gotten more than a few complaints about posts like this from Syed Jahanzaib Bin hassan.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1101142-146-1.aspx#bm1101269
I can certainly appreciate he/she is annoying, and not often right, but I'm not...
May 1, 2011 at 1:50 pm
I don't care who does it, but if Tom gets one in while anyone else's is in the Q, I'll go with Tom.
Tom, no great hurry and I'll let you...
May 1, 2011 at 1:48 pm
HA, I like NULLs. I might ask for two articles, one pro and one con.
April 30, 2011 at 9:45 am
What's too expensive? The price is based on performance. If performance matters, you pay more. If price matters more, performance suffers.
There isn't a good way for us to "check" your...
April 29, 2011 at 5:36 pm
I use Firefox. Don't like IE, haven't tried IE9, but if it's like Chrome, why move? Chrome gives me a few ergonomic issues with some shortcuts I like in Firefox,...
April 29, 2011 at 5:35 pm
A few links:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bartd/archive/2010/06/16/sql-server-sizing-resources.aspx
If you don't have an existing system, it's all just a guess, and most people just guess high and hope for the best. Getting dual quad cores, maybe...
April 29, 2011 at 7:45 am
Craig Farrell (4/28/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/28/2011)
I posted a note about understanding your access patterns for data, meaning...
April 28, 2011 at 3:41 pm
There is still no guarantee of the ordering of the data. Regardless of how it is stored, it will not be returned by a SELECT in that order without an...
April 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm
Grant Fritchey (4/28/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/28/2011)
I posted a note about understanding your access patterns for data, meaning...
April 28, 2011 at 12:33 pm
GilaMonster (4/28/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (4/28/2011)
April 28, 2011 at 12:32 pm
Really the basics, Tom. Something between the DB Design one Paul White wrote and the crazy relational debate. A "normalization" for dummies, and I'd like to have a separate article...
April 28, 2011 at 12:20 pm
Since I have the collective braintrust here, and you're posting technical stuff.
I posted a note about understanding your access patterns for data, meaning hitting tables how often and how concurrently....
April 28, 2011 at 12:18 pm
Yes, but it's more that if you are querying large ranges in both OrderHeader and OrderDetails and possibly aggregating or adding in lookup information from other indexes.
The benefit from separate...
April 28, 2011 at 12:17 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 16,291 through 16,305 (of 39,922 total)