Viewing 15 posts - 16,186 through 16,200 (of 39,922 total)
I'm with Colin. I think you are right and my understanding of permissions as you've listed them is correct. JohnSmith does not need a SQL login as he's authenticated with...
May 11, 2011 at 9:58 am
WolforthJ (5/11/2011)
So it makes sense if the company pays for your education but makes you sign an agreement that you will stay for a set time.
I thought that was illegal?
No...
May 11, 2011 at 9:41 am
WolforthJ (5/11/2011)
May 11, 2011 at 9:36 am
snow - fell last night and still on the roofs here. A little in the grass.
May 11, 2011 at 9:35 am
SQL Agent can do that if you make things steps, or write some scripting logic in there. The easy way to do this is to have job 1 write a...
May 11, 2011 at 9:34 am
Eric M Russell (5/11/2011)
May 11, 2011 at 9:28 am
If you've been working with 2005, you have a lot of the core SQL Servers skills. Lots of functionality for the various parts of the db engine hasn't changed. What...
May 11, 2011 at 9:26 am
Any of the training kits or books written about the exam will guide you through the topics and give you exercises to practice with. If you look through the guidelines...
May 11, 2011 at 9:08 am
You are doing a number of things to render the indexes useless. The <> will tend to force SQL to consider a table scan because it has to look at...
May 10, 2011 at 9:38 pm
Are you looking for something not covered by SQL Agent?
May 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm
Kimberly's advice on the topic is to go for 8GB growths to keep the VLFs down if you have a large log.
What is your log size now? And is it...
May 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm
jcrawf02 (5/10/2011)
bitbucket-25253 (5/10/2011)
jcrawf02You attending or presenting ?
SQLSaturday #75 - Columbus 2011 on Jun 11, 2011
As much as I'd like to try presenting, I'll just be over-committing myself (again), so I'm...
May 10, 2011 at 1:51 pm
To log on as the service account, note which account is running Agent in the configuration manager and then log into the server with that account. You might need a...
May 10, 2011 at 1:50 pm
Jeff Moden (5/10/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (5/10/2011)
May 10, 2011 at 12:21 pm
Brandie Tarvin (5/10/2011)
Just submitted a QOTD. We'll see how many people tell me I'm wrong and why.
It will be you and me both that are wrong if it goes out...
May 10, 2011 at 11:21 am
Viewing 15 posts - 16,186 through 16,200 (of 39,922 total)