Viewing 15 posts - 15,826 through 15,840 (of 39,921 total)
We've talked about this, but the main issue is the person asking the question is the least qualified to say if something is the answer. Often a suggestion is made...
June 20, 2011 at 11:25 am
I'm with GSquared. I've never seen a reason to move SQL Server binaries anywhere. It's the data, log, and backups that are important.
June 20, 2011 at 9:46 am
Does this help?
http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-training/regex-based-finding-and-replacing-of-text-in-ssms/
June 20, 2011 at 9:42 am
I don't think you can change this. The tabbed layout was a fundamental change.
June 20, 2011 at 9:41 am
We used a variation of this for weekly releases for well over a year, which included database design changes.
We could spend a few hours on db design, debating the changes...
June 20, 2011 at 9:40 am
Rich Weissler (6/20/2011)
June 20, 2011 at 9:27 am
No idea, might be a T-post, but I can't find anything. Just found the horse like this, blood in a stall.
Much better now.

June 18, 2011 at 1:01 pm
Another confirmation, multiple log files do not provide any benefits.
For multiple data files, you get benefits only if you can separate out the reads and writes of heavy objects to...
June 18, 2011 at 10:32 am
I tend to agree with Jeff, but you can add a TicketDate with a datetime value, and if needed, you can display a combination of your Year, Department ID, and...
June 18, 2011 at 10:14 am
Kiara (6/18/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/17/2011)
June 18, 2011 at 9:54 am
The server name is your machine name.
For express, it's often machinename\SQLExpress. You should be able to scan for them.
June 18, 2011 at 9:50 am
Cross your fingers, everyone. Horse vet called, ugly cut on the rear hind of a horse. I think it can be stitched, but you never know.
June 17, 2011 at 3:24 pm
Elliott Whitlow (6/17/2011)
Really?http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1127568-5-1.aspx
That one made me laugh. Hadn't seen it before.
June 17, 2011 at 2:24 pm
I believe the before data is included in the log record. Everything needed for roll forward / roll back is in the log, so it must either be a linked...
June 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,826 through 15,840 (of 39,921 total)