Viewing 15 posts - 15,811 through 15,825 (of 39,921 total)
What's confusing you? If there's something specific you don't understand, like what's a heartbeat, start a thread and ask a specific question.
BOL has a simple, but straightforward approach. You could...
June 21, 2011 at 10:46 am
Out of curiosity, why do you need to do this?
June 21, 2011 at 10:33 am
Well that's interesting. I think a small tally table, and substring splitting as shown here might be the way to do this: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Tally+Table/70738/
I'd adapt that you pull out each number...
June 21, 2011 at 10:33 am
Anyone here do a lot of .NET work and willing to travel/speak on those topics? Might have some funding for you.
Jeff, maybe we can entice you into the CLR world...
June 21, 2011 at 10:29 am
Lynn, your reply on the "code provided" was fine. Maybe a little short, but not worth complaining about. Just a note, from my side I wouldn't have replied, maybe given...
June 21, 2011 at 10:28 am
Ultimately, you need to test. I tend to agree with Grant that you don't want to live in 80 compat mode, but I might do it in the short term...
June 21, 2011 at 10:27 am
Barry! Welcome back. Hope things are going well.
June 21, 2011 at 10:22 am
OCTom (6/21/2011)
June 21, 2011 at 10:20 am
Definitely let us know if you figure it out, and if you make some notes along the way, I'd be happy to help you write an article about what you've...
June 21, 2011 at 10:18 am
I tend to agree with GSquared above. The only other separation I worry about is backups. Data backups should not be with data files, and log backups should not be...
June 21, 2011 at 10:14 am
The AD group is a good idea, but you should also have a role (group) in SQL Server for different permissions. Don't grant permissions to users, always use a role.
June 20, 2011 at 4:21 pm
Good to hear. I'm not a regular expressions expert, or at least not anymore.
If you need more complex changes, I might contact the author of the article and ask...
June 20, 2011 at 3:13 pm
GabyYYZ (6/20/2011)
Anyone know if he has official Microsoft MVP designation, either now, or in the past?
AFAIK, he never has. Not enough contributions to the SQL Server community, and not sure...
June 20, 2011 at 12:04 pm
Multiple instances are being used for two main reasons
1 - licensing (some cheaper benefits here over separate servers/VMs)
2 - tempdb loads - If you have heavy tempdb (and lower memory/CPU),...
June 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm
It's a load issue, not a number of databases. I know people that have had upwards of 500 databases on an instance, and it's worked well, but each was low...
June 20, 2011 at 11:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,811 through 15,825 (of 39,921 total)