Viewing 15 posts - 15,481 through 15,495 (of 39,921 total)
There are a few items listed in this thread to watch out for, or that will cause issues: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic501078-5-1.aspx
However, if you have to go through the restore, I'm not sure...
August 8, 2011 at 11:06 am
WayneS (8/8/2011)
What do you'll think of...
August 8, 2011 at 10:45 am
If this is new, can you uninstall completely?
If not, you might be able to clean out the registry and folders, but that would make me nervous. Or run setup and...
August 8, 2011 at 10:44 am
I used to use Live Writer. It works, but you have to have changed your password.
What I've moved to is blogging elsewhere and then syndicating back over to keep a...
August 8, 2011 at 10:38 am
Mohammed's suggestion is good. I assume you searched the all hard drives for sswb.exe?
If you look under Program Files/Microsoft SQL Server/90/Binn (or the similar path) are the tools not there?
Perhaps...
August 8, 2011 at 10:34 am
WayneS (8/7/2011)
August 8, 2011 at 10:25 am
majorbloodnock (8/8/2011)
August 8, 2011 at 10:21 am
Try shrinking to a larger size, if that makes sense.
Pick a size that is larger your minimum and include that in the shrink.
August 8, 2011 at 10:18 am
Ninja's_RGR'us (8/7/2011)
Very interesting topic Steve.Could it be possible that there's a missing link in this part of the editorial?
This piece talks about the problems with the
Yes, link missing....
August 8, 2011 at 10:18 am
Peform a restore, get an I/O error at some point. Part of the IO error contains a set of operations needed to complete a transaction. The completion of the transaction...
August 8, 2011 at 10:13 am
Looks like when doing the restore or attach, you alter the location there.
August 8, 2011 at 10:07 am
You'll restore a lot more than just jobs, and I wouldn't recommend this. The msdb restore is really for DR purposes. I suspect it would be OK, but I wouldn't...
August 8, 2011 at 10:02 am
My vote would be either compat mode change, or alter the code to use RTRIM instead.
August 8, 2011 at 9:59 am
First, the users are always there. They might not be linked to logins, but the users are in the restored database. If you have the same logins, you can use...
August 8, 2011 at 9:55 am
I tend to agree with Gail, though you could just install 2008 as a named instance, set both instances to manual, and only run the one you need.
August 5, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,481 through 15,495 (of 39,921 total)