Viewing 15 posts - 15,451 through 15,465 (of 39,921 total)
I'm guessing that there is some type of third party tool that kicked off a trace.
August 10, 2011 at 3:17 pm
You can use any method, just set a peak size and leave it at that.
August 10, 2011 at 3:12 pm
For databases in full or bulk logged modes, you need to run log backups. That is the only way to backup the log records and reuse the space.
The log size...
August 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm
We are looking to do more with HTML 5 in the future, which might help as well.
August 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm
Brandie Tarvin (8/10/2011)
This one is giving me heartburn. I almost ran something in Production that was supposed to...
August 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm
It's possible, but I doubt we would spend much time on this. Ultimately we don't expect you do use the code from the iPhone since a cut/paste doesn't make a...
August 10, 2011 at 11:54 am
I have updated and corrected the script and included a create database statement. This does show fragmentation of .39% and 90+% if you run this in a newly created database...
August 10, 2011 at 10:29 am
SanDroid (8/10/2011)
SanDroid (8/10/2011)
SQLRNNR (8/10/2011)
The question was to point out fragmentation that could occur from shrinking the database. Did you know that shrinking your database was detrimental?
The catgory was Administration and...
August 10, 2011 at 10:26 am
jay holovacs (8/10/2011)
Social animals (and humans are the...
August 10, 2011 at 10:13 am
Tom.Thomson (8/9/2011)
This is a great editorial, but even so it fails to address the whole problem. . . .
Good point, but not trying to address the whole problem. Designing security...
August 10, 2011 at 10:10 am
Grant is correct, you aren't giving enough information. Is there monitoring on the new server for backups? If so, how does that work? Perhaps they are the same.
It doesn't have...
August 10, 2011 at 9:52 am
Set the min low, maybe 1024MB (1GB) and then go from there. The max is usually more important.
If this is x86, 32 bit (and I think it is), then you...
August 10, 2011 at 9:50 am
Excellent question, Ron. I've used this type of demo in presentations before.
August 10, 2011 at 9:24 am
It looks like you have 8GB of RAM in the server and have the min for SQL Server set to 7GB?
I wouldn't set the minimum at all. Leave it...
August 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,451 through 15,465 (of 39,921 total)