Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,301 through 15,315 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Sorry, confusing my sports. Brewers. Not sure the Bucks will be playing this fall

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    What's hockey? :-):-P

    Growing up in VA, we never had hockey or lacrosse in school. When I arrived at Syracuse, they were surprises to me.

  • RE: From Vandalism to Serious Crime

    Eric M Russell (9/6/2011)


    These attacks are motivated by hackers who are offended by the companies or organizations and are standing up for customers.

    I don't doubt that many hackers are...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Yanks, Tigers, Rangers w/ Red Sox squeeking in, only to get knocked out by the Tigers or Rangers.

    Phillies, Bucks, Dbacks, with Atlanta knocking out either the Bucks or dBacks.

  • RE: From Vandalism to Serious Crime

    mmcginty (9/6/2011)


    ...

    And for IT staff to become vocal about what developers are doing wrong, will lead everyone to wonder if IT has enough to do that they *are* responsible...

  • RE: The 2011 SQLServerCentral Party at the PASS Summit

    Roy, I'll take $20 from you at the door, or Mon night. The amount changes mostly for planning purposes so I need to account for a xx number of people...

  • RE: Labor Day 2011

    I'm not sure I agree that DBAs couldn't be part of a union. I wouldn't be surprised if we find a developer's or IT union at some point, though not...

  • RE: Denali

    I think Denali will be good to go for the core engine when it's released. Some of the new stuff might need to shake out in a CU/SP, but most...

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    Having played rugby and football, I have to say that I cannot fathom how anyone finds more action in hockey or soccer than American football. The strategy, the speed of...

  • RE: combine string from multiple records

    Look at PIVOT, or search for crosstab queries. That is what you are attempting here. If you know the number of rows it's easy. If not, it becomes a little...

  • RE: The Sports Desk

    Lucky Orange. Enjoy that one, not sure how many more they'll get.

  • RE: how rollback works in sql server?

    Note if you set this behavior then you have to make sure all your code includes commits. Otherwise you will have severe locking/blocking issues.

    Most SQL Server code does not expect...

  • RE: Shrink File

    No.

    Short answer is that you don't want to shrink data files (MDF/NDF) unless some unusual event caused them to grow and the data space isn't needed.

    You've listed two things that...

  • RE: Estimation of mdf and ldf files in SQL Server 2005

    James and Paul have noted the correct response. You cannot estimate log file size, any rule of thumb is a wild guess based on experience, but could be completely inappropriate....

  • RE: if NULL ? ??

    if (select myval from Mytable) is null

    insert into ...

    else

    insert into

    ...

    will work, but you have two tag_names in the different code. What do you mean...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,301 through 15,315 (of 39,921 total)