Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 14,986 through 15,000 (of 39,920 total)

  • RE: The HR Sorecard

    djackson 22568 (10/25/2011)


    IT does not generate revenue no matter how you want to measure it. We cost money. Hopefully if we do our job right we allow the...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2011

    Sorry you missed the game. I heard it was pretty good.

    I didn't get to any games last year. Too busy, and didn't want to spend 8-10 hours down there with...

  • RE: failed 70-432

    Sorry to hear that, but glad you're not discouraged.

    I don't have any more great prep, but I'd go through the list of things on the MS exam site and make...

  • RE: index on big table

    I stand corrected then. It was always my understanding physical order was maintained inside pages.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Nothing wrong with basic phones, despite what my kids think. If you use it to just make calls, or text a bit, that's fine.

    However for me, I'm more productive. I...

  • RE: index on big table

    Yes and no, and I shouldn't write physical order. I realize what Gail is saying and it is true that the clustered index doesn't mean that the extents and pages...

  • RE: index on big table

    The clustered index is the physical order, so it helps in terms of ordering the data back if the table is scanned. So typically I try to cluster on columns...

  • RE: Need to delete a row from the source table

    In your first query, you aren't joining to the table you are deleting from.

    What you should do is write a SELECT query first to find out what will be found....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    What's funny is that it seems that people see the devices so differently. My wife misses her Blackberry, but likes her Android (Samsung Galaxy S, Android) more than her iPhone...

  • RE: The HR Sorecard

    Joe Johnson-482549 (10/25/2011)


    Lempster (10/25/2011)


    It's a nice idea, but would involve getting access to HR data which, in my experience, HR departments tend to be rather twitchy about!

    In the US, Sarbanes-Oxley...

  • RE: The HR Sorecard

    richj-826679 (10/25/2011)


    Human Resource departments are similar to IT departments in that both of them are a cost to the organization without generating revenue

    How many companies can work successfully for a...

  • RE: The HR Sorecard

    OCTom (10/25/2011)


    Do people tell the truth in exit interviews? People may be reluctant to say what is wrong because they don't want to burn any bridges.

    If that's the case,...

  • RE: The Cost of Architecture

    Revenant (10/24/2011)


    Steve

    Much thanks for this one. I do appreciate how much thought went into this "small" piece.

    I would just add one observation: being a database architect is a title...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Gonna be 6 or 7 games now.

    Anyone see Pujols turn on that ball for the 3-run HR Sat night? As soon as he swung I told my wife "gone". I've...

  • RE: Fantasy Football 2011

    I won a game!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 14,986 through 15,000 (of 39,920 total)