Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 824 total)
Sorry that I don't have a direct answer, but you may try using the Attunity drivers to connect with Oracle:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee470675(v=sql.100).aspx
Here's an excerpt from that page talking about using BIDS and...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 30, 2012 at 12:44 pm
Thanks for the question, good reinforcement.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 30, 2012 at 9:49 am
This may help:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366348(v=sql.100).aspx
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2012 at 10:29 am
I try and reply to stuff I have experience with because I've learned a lot from this site, also...a sort of "pay it forward" type of thing.
<soapbox>
If everyone acted this...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2012 at 10:21 am
Yeah, we're on the same page. But a couple of things:
If you like, you can test your failover by issuing the 'SET PARTNER FAILOVER' command on ServerA, instead of...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2012 at 10:03 am
The first command:
ALTER DATABASE [yourDatabase]
SET PARTNER FAILOVER
GO
should be run on your current PRINCIPAL (which is your desired MIRROR, if I understood correctly). It will set your primary instance back...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2012 at 8:54 am
Search on 'default database' and 'initial catalog'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2012 at 8:48 am
If I'm understanding your question correctly:
To set your primary instance back to being the PRINCIPAL, issue the following command:
-- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522476(v=sql.100).aspx
ALTER DATABASE [yourDatabase]
SET PARTNER FAILOVER
GO
To change the timeout setting:
ALTER DATABASE [yourDatabase]
SET...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 29, 2012 at 8:44 am
The link takes you to the SQL Server 2012 entry, it just doesn't tell you that very well. Look on the left hand navigation hierarchy, it shows 'Books Online...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm
Sounds a lot like a typical Giants game. I'd pinch run for Posey on first with Blanco (the speedy jack rabbit) and let Pill pinch hit for Huff. ...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 18, 2012 at 10:29 am
1. I'm using the 'zBench' theme. I wish I could find one that I could make do what I want and not look like everyone else. And of...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 17, 2012 at 10:00 am
Got it to accept the dynamic connection string using the above layout but didn't think past that. The Maintenance Plan tasks are asking for more than just a connection...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm
Grats Steve, sounds like fun. Tell anyone who asks about the lip that you were in a bar fight and that they should see the other guy. Then...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 23, 2012 at 11:05 am
Markus (4/19/2012)
Jamie Moyer pitching for the Rockies and got the win and with that win he became the oldest player ever to win a...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 19, 2012 at 9:24 am
Thanks, learned something new.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 17, 2012 at 8:06 am
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 824 total)