Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 824 total)

  • RE: Deploy a data tier application

    Thanks Jerry. Indeed, I did not register the database first as a data tier application then try and upgrade it. I kept reading the same areas in BOL...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Data and Log Space Alerts

    I snooze, I lose!

    I'm just glad it got written. Take all the feedback with an open mind, it'll only make you better in the long run.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    Giants start out 0-3, starting pitching gets rocked and the bats are talkin'....weird opening weekend for SF. At least the Yankees and Red Sox are in the same boat.

    Steve,...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    2 billion, yikes. One of the co-owners of the GS Warriors is in the ownership group for the Dodgers now.....WTF?!?!??

    Lincecum and Kershaw horsin' around doin' photo ops...

    $25 cheap tix...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Database mirroring and index maintenance

    Good point Lynn, suspending the mirroring won't work.

    Back to the drawing board.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    Traditionally I always disliked the DH and the style of baseball it promotes. But I've always been frustrated with a pitcher's lack of ability at the plate and the...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    I didn't get a chance to listen to any games this weekend (SQL Saturday in Mountain View was a blast) but am excited for baseball on the radio again.

    Here's to...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Change the port number for connections to SQL Server

    Thanks for the feedback.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    Gotta luv the excitement of a new year.

    I'm interested to see if the Giant's roster is going to work. Hopefully Bochi continues his wizardry (or continues being...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    I remember him going 5 for 5 as a Giant one night, at the 'Stick.

    More that I've heard about him this morning, the more I respect the man.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Read Uncommitted, locks, and transactions

    Great question, thanks.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Talking baseball

    /mememe

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: Upgrade SS2K5 to 2K8R2 for default and named instances

    Thanks for all the suggestions, wish they answered the question though. I'll post back my experience with the two instance upgrade when it's complete.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: SA for database ownership?

    You're exactly right Jeff, I completely mis-spoke. I meant to say that they suggest that blanket ownership by the 'sa' account is not a best practice, which is what...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • RE: SA for database ownership?

    I'm having to deal with this now (database ownership) and came across a SQL Server 2005 best practice doc from Microsoft, stating that databases should not be owned by 'sa'...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yeah, well...The Dude abides.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 824 total)