Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 7,620 total)

  • RE: DELETE making SELECT slow in RCSI

    TheSQLGuru (8/31/2016)


    ScottPletcher (8/31/2016)


    Tarun Jaggi (8/29/2016)


    Hi All,

    I have a table which has million rows and database is set under RCSI. The table has a clustered primary key on Column1 and a...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: DELETE making SELECT slow in RCSI

    Tarun Jaggi (8/29/2016)


    Hi All,

    I have a table which has million rows and database is set under RCSI. The table has a clustered primary key on Column1 and a non-clustered index...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: questions about sql

    (1) not sure what that means.

    (2) no. a table can have many nonclustered indexes.

    (4) presumably they mean hierarchy ids, but can't tell for sure, the q is vague enough they...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Temporary Functions?

    Gregory Hart (8/29/2016)


    The below is what I have used in the past to accomplish the need for a Scalar UDF in MS SQL:

    IF OBJECT_ID('tempdb..##fn_CORP_Divide') IS NOT NULL DROP PROCEDURE ##fn_CORP_Divide;

    CREATE...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: calculating time difference

    I'd prefer to just add one day to the end date when needed. That seems much "cleaner" than dual 3ms adjustments:

    SELECT

    start_time, end_time, DATEDIFF(MINUTE, start_time,...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Eliminate Duplicate

    Add an extra join condition so you only get a single occurrence:

    ...

    INNER JOIN (SELECT ConsumerID, ConsumerAccountID

    FROM Consumer

    WHERE ConsumerType = 'S') s ON p.ConsumerAccountID = s.ConsumerAccountID

    AND...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Insert Into multiple values from Select plus adding incremental non-Identity

    Did you look at the code I posted?

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Searching set of words by ignoring spaces

    Rather than literal strings of spaces, I recommend using SPACE(), just for readability:

    /*CREATE FUNCTION ...*/

    SELECT REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(LTRIM(RTRIM(@Text)),

    SPACE(33), ' '),

    SPACE(17), ' '),

    SPACE(9),...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Insert Into multiple values from Select plus adding incremental non-Identity

    INSERT INTO dbo.TableA

    ( Sequence, Title, Signature, IsDefault, UserName )

    SELECT A_Last.Sequence + B.row_num, A.Title, A.Signature, 'Y' AS IsDefault, B.UserName

    FROM (

    SELECT B2.*, ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY B2.UserName) AS row_num

    ...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Do Not Return Matching Rows

    --

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: LOB data types

    GilaMonster (8/24/2016)


    Filestream isn't a datatype. It's an attribute of a varbinary data type column. Bigint is definitely not considered as large object, it's a grand total of 16-bytes in size.

    Your...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: @@ROWCOUNT when cascade delete?

    Afaik, there is no way to get that number back from SQL. In theory, SQL could have had to cascade thru a dozen tables (or more).

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: sp_executesql and howto return rowcount

    I give up. You keep randomly changing things. And this message:

    "The variable name '%.*ls' has already been declared. Variable names must be unique within a query batch or...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: sp_executesql and howto return rowcount

    SET @SQLstmt =

    N'DECLARE @RCount int ' +

    ' SELECT [LCPRBSELF]' +

    ' FROM [' + @rowDSServer+ ']' + '.'

    + '['...

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

  • RE: Sql script to check that each patient has both a diastolic and a systolic blood pressure for each given service date

    DOH, sorry, typo on my part. Should be:

    values('DP'),('SP')

    [rather than values('DP','SP')]

    Edit: added bold to the parens I added to highlight them better.

    SQL DBA,SQL Server MVP(07, 08, 09) "It's a dog-eat-dog world, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear." "Norm", on "Cheers". Also from "Cheers", from "Carla": "You need to know 3 things about Tortelli men: Tortelli men draw women like flies; Tortelli men treat women like flies; Tortelli men's brains are in their flies".

Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 7,620 total)