Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 13,878 total)
Thank you, Jeff. That would only require installing Office, or at least Excel, on the server, correct? I could document which version of Excel is used.
No, this is not...
June 27, 2024 at 8:14 am
If you can recreate the issue in a test environment, can you try removing the index, performing the problematic insert & then looking at the results?
Or could the source data...
June 25, 2024 at 1:08 pm
Rather than setting the column types, I suggest you add a data conversion component after the source to convert from source to target datatypes. It is these converted columns which...
June 24, 2024 at 8:00 am
Thank you for elucidating. It's a really interesting problem.
June 19, 2024 at 3:51 pm
Perry Whittle wrote:anyone finding the posts in last couple months are real Facepalmers
You should start a thread about that 😉
Bravo, Neil!
June 19, 2024 at 10:06 am
Wow, you've obviously had a lot of 'fun' with this, well done!
Suggesting that image files are not compressed is, however, incorrect. They are heavily compressed, just not using Zip.
June 19, 2024 at 8:42 am
Not a direct solution, but have you considered creating a temp table to hold the results of running sp_whoisactive, then doing an
INSERT #SomeTable
EXEC sp_whoisactive
followed by whatever filtering...
June 19, 2024 at 8:34 am
Scott's solution uses zero temp tables.
June 17, 2024 at 5:28 pm
You want me to write your queries for you, despite not having provided DDL and consumable sample data yourself?
If you understand the principle behind what I have suggested, you should...
June 17, 2024 at 12:15 pm
I suggest that you push the results of query 1 into a temp table, with an additional column
Id INT IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
Then add a ROW_NUMBER() column to query 2...
June 17, 2024 at 9:22 am
Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.
June 13, 2024 at 8:13 am
I don't see that. If I run the following, it executes just fine.
DECLARE @Language NVARCHAR(10) = N'en';
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS #Temp;
CREATE TABLE #Temp
(
TestName...
June 13, 2024 at 8:00 am
That is a difference between SAP ASE (error in first example) and SQL Server that I stumbled upon while migrating, and this hurts me a lot:)
I shall address the...
June 13, 2024 at 7:54 am
Then next time I opened it, it looked like an empty Visual Studio shell.
Looking on the bright side, maybe the Dark theme would have been officially implemented in that...
June 12, 2024 at 4:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 13,878 total)