Viewing 15 posts - 8,611 through 8,625 (of 59,098 total)
Perhaps the following will help...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2019 at 12:03 am
What you need to do now is figure out why the data became corrupted. Do you have a disk or controller going bad? Was there a sudden power outage that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 11:58 pm
The Generate Scripts is at the database level so that can also cause some problems - the logins need to be there as that tool generates statements like CREATE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 11:53 pm
Considering the content of the delete table, I'm thinking that you also need to include the ID in the delete criteria.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 10:51 pm
Whenever someone proposes such a massive change, I always ask them to show me their prototype and prove that it can actually do the job. I'm sometimes overridden but my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 10:47 pm
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Yes... tell them sorry but NO. There should never be shared logins, period. The closest you should ever come to something like shared...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 10:45 pm
p.s. Stop doing REORGANIZE on tables that don't have LOBs or tables that do have them but they don't need to be compacted. You're just blowing out your log file...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 10:37 pm
Hi Jeffrey,
Right after running IndexOptimise, I'm seeing that the rows_sampled column going back to a small percentage of the total rows.
Any thoughts?
Yes... carefully read the documentation that Ola provides...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 10:33 pm
One should always try to avoid a function on a table column being used for lookup. Therefore, for the last JOIN, do this instead:
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 9:25 pm
sp_Help_RevLogin does not migrate server level privs. You'll need to do a search for a proc the will generate a script for those privs.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 9:22 pm
What do you mean when you say "but still people can login using exponential numbers"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 9:20 pm
TF 1118 and 1117 are automatically implemented in 2016. You can turn them off for all databases except for TempDB. I wouldn't turn 1118 off anywhere but I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 8:55 pm
I agree with the others about MAXDOP and Cost Threshold for Parallelism (CTP from here on) being more of an observational art rather than a science. I also agree that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 3:44 pm
I have a suspicion that the same behavior would have been seen in SQL2016, but no proof and no reason to personally research it at the moment. BTW...we are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2019 at 2:51 pm
Hi,
I am doing STUFF in my query which is concatenating the blank data too and data looks like below. Sometimes there is space+comma and sometimes only comma in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2019 at 10:13 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,611 through 8,625 (of 59,098 total)