Viewing 15 posts - 8,056 through 8,070 (of 59,098 total)
As to the question of what I'd like from work, the answer is for things to NOT change. I'm one of the fortunate few in the world when it comes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 27, 2019 at 3:47 pm
My best gift is another year with my wife of 40 years whom twice doctors gave up for lost, but who has survived and overcome bilateral below-knee amputation to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 27, 2019 at 3:40 pm
Unfortunately, I've seen that and more. I've even seen people add trailing spaces to all of their object names to make it more difficult to use what they've built. Crazy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 27, 2019 at 3:34 pm
I (and I guess Jeff Moden too) would be particularly interested in a test script which demonstrates advantages of splitting datetime into date and time.
That's very true. And, sorry...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 27, 2019 at 3:27 pm
Frederico, do you have any test case to support your speculations?
I (and I guess Jeff Moden too) would be particularly interested in a test script which demonstrates advantages...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 27, 2019 at 3:23 pm
I've not executed the code but it looks to me like they're trying to reject rows where the name has any spaces.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 27, 2019 at 12:03 am
Do you also want the dates to be validated as "real" dates?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 26, 2019 at 11:57 pm
I have to import a text file to build a table and all of the date fields currently are in integer form. It comes in three different ways. The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 26, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Good lord!!! A SQL forum that doesn't allow you to upload .SQL or TXT files! This is just silly.
Here's sp_ShowWorst... I've got to figure out how to do the other...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 26, 2019 at 2:45 pm
Max Memory capping is applied on the instance.
Total Available Memory : 32 GB
Max Memory configured : 26 GB
As far as I know, nothing additional running on the instance,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 26, 2019 at 2:43 pm
Man... I'm sorry. I lost track of this thread and didn't answer your additional questions.
I guess my biggest question would be, did you stop using REORGANIZE or not?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 25, 2019 at 8:50 pm
I just had a sudden flashback to the two threads on "bankers rounding". 😀 I'll get the popcorn. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 25, 2019 at 6:42 pm
p.s. even that later definition (the one inferred by the supposed correct answer) may be incorrect. We would also need to know if a partridge in a pear tree would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 25, 2019 at 5:25 pm
This is where a good analyst would ask for a more explicit meaning of what constitutes a "gift" or "present" and how they can be taken as some as being...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 25, 2019 at 5:14 pm
Merry Christmas to you, as well. I thought I'd be about the only one in the world to be posting today. 😀
Thanks for the feedback on the name-splitter function. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 25, 2019 at 4:15 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,056 through 8,070 (of 59,098 total)