Viewing 15 posts - 7,681 through 7,695 (of 59,098 total)
This is a tidy approach, but I'd have concerns, from an audit point of view, about data having been manipulated before it even hits the database. Potentially makes that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2020 at 4:31 pm
HDFS is alive and well - just like SQL was never threatened. I'm reminded of those Reeses Cups commercials from the 80's where two people collide - one with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2020 at 4:20 pm
Good basic question, Steve. My only objection would be the title of the question itself because this also occurs for much larger numbers and larger VARCHARs.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Most people want to make indexed views for performance purposes which, of course, don't work on remote servers because of the schema binding issue.
If you don't really need it to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2020 at 8:29 pm
@andrew Goffin-302397 ,
I realize the your post has been hijacked, so I'm still trying to get it back on track but I need that bit of info I've been asking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2020 at 9:55 pm
BHWAAA-HAAAAAAA!!!! And... it doesn't use curly braces. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2020 at 9:52 pm
I just rejected a new version of software I've used for decades because it now requires that I connect to internet each time I use it. Ain't gonna happen.
A...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 29, 2020 at 1:36 am
I have to admit that I foolishly used the MSDB method (i'm no ssis expert, but i'm the best we have at our company) and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 11:15 pm
I think we went backwards...
I especially agree with that sentiment.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 7:47 pm
Personally, I'm REALLY happy that the whole world hasn't adopted EDI. IMHO, it's another hierarchical nightmare of data that's even worse than things like "packed decimal".
This is what I'm talking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 7:06 pm
I got it right only because I mentally limited the question to "typical documented" methods. It's also why I hate tests. It's like asking the question of "Which is the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Hi,
I have a 80 character piece of text that I wish to convert to a table structure that represents that data.
Is there a simple way to take those 80...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 4:09 pm
my advice - fix the source file, put a delimiter in there and then have whoever designed that file format go and work for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 4:01 pm
my advice - fix the source file, put a delimiter in there and then have whoever designed that file format go and work for someone else.
In...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 3:53 pm
my advice - fix the source file, put a delimiter in there and then have whoever designed that file format go and work for someone else.
In my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2020 at 3:47 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,681 through 7,695 (of 59,098 total)