Viewing 15 posts - 6,841 through 6,855 (of 59,098 total)
Based on what I'm seeing, the index is rebuilt AFTER the data is added to the new column and the simple act of redefining the column as NOT NULL adds...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2020 at 4:41 am
It is nice to see a company stepping up to try to help so many people. I truly hope it works and I truly hope it doesn't turn out to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2020 at 1:39 am
Such an easy thing for you to try to find out. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2020 at 1:11 am
Removing post
Lordy... I hope you got it. If you'd shown that you tried, you might have gotten some help.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 6, 2020 at 1:09 am
Thank you but my question was can caching/pinning tables be an option to avoid fragmentation ?
Maybe but I don't believe that even In-Memory tables with delayed durability will help...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2020 at 6:21 pm
It's been a long time since I've done it (circa 2000) but I believe that QuickBooks still has an export bit of functionality and a CLI to support it. Why...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2020 at 4:23 am
There's several ways to skin this cat... Write good stored procedures and distribute "refreshable" spreadsheets that call them or pre-aggregate the data as tab separated information and let the spreadsheet...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 5, 2020 at 4:19 am
Is there more than one "Address" element per XML or is there always just 1 (regardless of how many attributes that node contains)?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Only the temporal tables. So one would be customer and another would be customer address. The report would show the transactions against each chronologically for example
Username, EventDate, Table, NewValue,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 5:50 pm
Lordy, Joe. The OP didn't design any of this. It's cut'n'paste from homework or a test.
Also, the stuff about the "1960s pointer chains is not relational"... that's a load of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 5:29 pm
This is either homework or a test of some kind. At least TRY to do something on your own, post it, and if you have a question you can't answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 3:38 pm
Heh... getting a little older and being prone to affib has changed what I call my "best day". My "best day" is always TODAY. It means that I woke up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 3:24 pm
I am working an exercise problem where the solution provided has a WHERE clause used in a way I have not seen before. The question asks, "to show the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 2:40 pm
I agree with the notion of a view that dkultasev posted. If these types of changes are infrequent, then manually building one would be fine. If these tables change a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 1:59 pm
It would be helpful if you posted the CREATE TABLE statement for the table both before and after each change you make to the table. Also, the devil's in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 4, 2020 at 1:53 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 6,841 through 6,855 (of 59,098 total)