Viewing 15 posts - 6,721 through 6,735 (of 59,098 total)
To add to Phil's correct answer, if there are a lot of columns, open the Object Explorer window, locate the table you need the column names for, find the "columns"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Are you saying that you want ALL sequences to be set to the same number? If so, it makes no sense and the restored databases will all suffer multiple PK...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 4:34 pm
I have to ask, since "all sequences" are likely to grow at a different rate, why are you even thinking about doing such a thing?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 3:25 pm
Hard to believe the "way better" comment... the first two were awesome! You've enticed me to read the 3rd edition to see. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 2:25 pm
I have multiple parameterized SP for our Application.
When I Executes those SP individual it will returns output within 1 Sec. But when we are running Test Load with multiple...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 1:57 pm
First of all, I've not yet read the 3rd edition but I did the first two. If Grant continues his tradition of excellence in this 3rd edition as he did...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 1:48 pm
We are upgrading from SQL 2014 to SQL 2017. Noticed that integrity checks are running 6 times faster than SQL 2014. Is that a big enhancement in SQL 2017?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2020 at 1:37 pm
Thank for the many replies....the idea is show the first row of others. The point is that I need to "call" same columns just to apply a filter into...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 4:59 pm
WHICH ONE RECORD would be the right one to show? Should it be based on one of the dates in columns for those tables? If so, which column?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 1:30 pm
With the trainwreck of junk that can't be deleted that Windows Updates leaves behind, I'd allocate 300GB for the OS drive and make bloody sure that SQL Server was installed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Hi Jeff,
yes, I can use xp_CmdShell. We do that already for some other stuff.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 12:54 pm
🙂
Well, thanks, Jeff, that sounds promising, and I definitely want to hear about it now...
Can you point me in the right direction just a little bit further?
Are you allowed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 5:30 am
And if you use BCP or SQLCMD to write the files, you may be in for a battle until you get it write.
I don't know why people think that. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 5:28 am
Why jump out from SQL Server to call them, when you much easier can call them from the outside directly without going through SQL Server?
Because it's easy... easy to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2020 at 5:27 am
Yes, the files are transferred, that's not my main concern.
It seems so crazy to me that I can generate all the info I need in just a single, very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 26, 2020 at 8:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 6,721 through 6,735 (of 59,098 total)