Application SP Response time differs on user login

• I have multiple parameterized SP for our Application.

When I Executes those SP individual it will returns output within 1 Sec. But when we are running Test Load with multiple user around 100 or 200 users same time , Same SP Response Time is Over 3-4 Sec.responce

If i Execute same SP with same Parameter Individual response time is less then 1 Sec.

responce1

• Hi,

what are the main waits stats if you are testing with many users?

And what is your Max Degree for Parallelism and Cost Threshold for Parallelism.

Maybe your SQL Server won't work parallel?

Kind regards,

Andreas

• Changes to the connection strings? ANSI settings? Differences in compiled execution plans? As above, wait statistics?

These are just a few of the possibilities. Also, you running a batch versus your code, how is the code constructed and what is it doing to make the call?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• 6pravin9@gmail.com wrote:

I have multiple parameterized SP for our Application.

When I Executes those SP individual it will returns output within 1 Sec. But when we are running Test Load with multiple user around 100 or 200 users same time , Same SP Response Time is Over 3-4 Sec.responce

If i Execute same SP with same Parameter Individual response time is less then 1 Sec.

responce1

Posting graphical code sucks because we can't copy any of the code to tell you what might be a problem.

Also, what's with all the trailing underscores?  This isn't VB code.  Well, not unless you're using VB code to generate the stored procedure.

I'll also tell you that I'd never let this code fly through a peer review because of the hardcoded years that you're going to have to change every year.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply