Viewing 15 posts - 6,646 through 6,660 (of 59,098 total)
Unfortunately there is an old bug that for some reason Microsoft is not fixing. When using top clause or min or max aggregation functions on a partitioned table, SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 12, 2020 at 3:19 am
I'm getting the impression that you think a product for hundreds of millions of users has to work the way you want it to. If it doesn't, the product...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 12, 2020 at 3:07 am
Fair point. I was trying out my solution on a test database that didn't have a prepared Calendar table, so that was my quick hack. I should have cleaned...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2020 at 6:38 pm
I've been through this one before... How many Foreign Keys are pointing at that table? You may have to add indexes to the columns in the other tables on the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2020 at 6:08 pm
Like I said, I didn't find the sorts to be obnoxious for the basic Windowing functions... it's the bloody partitioned COUNT(*) that was doing it and I found a work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2020 at 4:02 am
In nearly 30 years of using excel there are very few situations that don't have a straight forward work around.
Heh... I look at it another way...
In more than 30...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2020 at 3:55 am
I am looking for a script that can return the following values for each of the databases in my instance: Object ID, Object Type, Database Name, Table Name, Schema...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 8:21 pm
Could you post the plan here: https://www.brentozar.com/pastetheplan/
Frederico attached a converted copy as a ZIP file.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 8:18 pm
I've been playing with this some more, Scott. It turns out that the Partitioned COUNT(*) is just freakin' nasty (creates 145 extra reads on a 2 page table) compared to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 2:37 pm
How would Microsoft actually handle this case though, without disabling the ability to convert MAR1 into the 1st of March for the rest of the users? If the trick...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 2:30 pm
OMG! The world has gone completely mad. If you still don't think that spreadsheets rule the world, read the following article. The "punch line" after the title of the article...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 1:53 pm
having a sqlplan won't give you the sql query (the one that matters) on this case as a view is being used.
main query is a view - I would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 1:47 pm
For me, the link provided by the OP doesn't point to an SQLPlan file. It points to a file but SQL Server doesn't recognize it as an SQLPlan.
Eirikur,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2020 at 1:13 pm
For me, the link provided by the OP doesn't point to an SQLPlan file. It points to a file but SQL Server doesn't recognize it as an SQLPlan.
Eirikur, what did...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2020 at 5:18 pm
And, PLEASE... remember that the MVP award is a "Service Award". Although a great many (for example) SQL Server MVPs (such as the author of this article, Kathi Kellenberger and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2020 at 4:24 am
Viewing 15 posts - 6,646 through 6,660 (of 59,098 total)