Viewing 15 posts - 56,326 through 56,340 (of 59,098 total)
After about a half-hour of trying to find out what a "sql window" is, I finally decided what... |
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 29, 2007 at 10:36 pm
Yep... I agree... sorry I missed that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 29, 2007 at 10:32 pm
Nice job again. Looking for work? |
Nah... Scott would think I'm looking for a cure for cancer 
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 29, 2007 at 10:29 pm
You mean this query???
Declare @Counter int
Set @Counter = 1
While @Counter <= 1000000
Begin
Print Case When @Counter % 15 = 0 Then 'BizzBuzz'
When...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 29, 2007 at 10:17 pm
Heh... relax, Scott... we're all having a bit of fun here. Grant's post was great for stirring the pot... haven't seen this much going on in a long time. It's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 29, 2007 at 10:07 pm
Very cool... thanks Omri.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 29, 2007 at 7:12 am
Andrew... this is what I'm referring to as "summary tables" and others refer to as "Star Schema" or "OLAP"...
http://www.ciobriefings.com/whitepapers/StarSchema.asp
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 7:15 pm
Why are you hard coding the nubmer 2? Also, What is the "slno" column? If it's the sequential column that everyone has been listing, that column is there just so...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 7:04 pm
Heh... I agree... what you described those folks did sounds absolutely insane even for concentrated "performance improvement" efforts. Sounds like someone spent a whole lot of time on the wrong...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 6:43 pm
I didn't completely dismiss WHILE loops... take a look at the end of my first post.
And of course no one would spend as much time during an interview as we have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 5:45 pm
Goto???
![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 5:06 pm
In fact, the worst programmer in our company is the only one who's got MS certification. Funny? Or... |
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 5:03 pm
We can only guess unless you provide the formula in the query and some sample data.
Here's my guess... you have something in the CHAR column that doesn't translate to a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 10:42 am
I think I've found one of the articles that started this whole BizzBuzz line of questioning at...
http://tickletux.wordpress.com/2007/01/24/using-fizzbuzz-to-find-developers-who-grok-coding/
In that article, the author summarizes with the following... my responses are in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 10:12 am
And, you left out a THEN necessary to make it work
And, although you think B will save half of the modular calculation,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2007 at 9:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 56,326 through 56,340 (of 59,098 total)