Viewing 15 posts - 55,711 through 55,725 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks Wutang
, but, nope... just a regular ol' SQL guy answering questions if I can. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 23, 2007 at 6:08 pm
Have you tried anything on your own?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 10:31 pm
Now, there's a lesson learned... Thanks, Serqiy.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 9:43 pm
No effect... maybe size of TempDB? Mine is set to 1 gig...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 3:51 pm
Ok... replaced the CROSS JOIN with INNER JOIN like it was supposed to be...
DELETE AD1
FROM DBO.AILMENTDETAIL AS AD1
INNER JOIN DBO.AILMENTDETAIL AS AD2
ON AD1.AILMENTID = AD2.AILMENTID
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 2:16 pm
That's what I get for answering email before the necessary amount of coffee... ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 2:05 pm
Heh... I don't think performance is the "black art" that so many think and, I agree... sometimes new hardware and SQL Server upgrades just don't do a thing...
3 years ago,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 12:30 pm
Dang... I gotta get 2k5... ![]()
Heh, I noticed the Peter converted the code to the good'n'proper ANSI style joins so that it's apparent that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2007 at 9:58 am
It was a funny comment, indeed.
No, we're not make fun of anyone except for each other
But, I was serious about needing to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2007 at 6:24 pm
Now, THAT's funny! ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2007 at 11:03 am
Perfect...
Obviously, you need to test this on a copy of the table before you try it on the real table...
DELETE ad1
FROM dbo.AilmentDetail_Test ad1,
dbo.AilmentDetail_Test ad2
WHERE ad1.AilmentID ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2007 at 11:01 am
Heh... if you find the "other guy", give him a punch in the nose for me, huh ![]()
I agree with Michael... step 1 should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2007 at 10:20 am
I'm thinking there better be a reference in the two tables that directly relates the rows, as well... ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2007 at 9:47 am
The reason we need to see the rest of the table's definition is because we need to identify a column with some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2007 at 9:37 am
Those are all good suggestions and I'll suggest a bit more to go with those... put the Archived years in their own "read only" database, back it up once, and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2007 at 5:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,711 through 55,725 (of 59,098 total)