Viewing 15 posts - 55,456 through 55,470 (of 59,098 total)
I'd also like to throw my hat in the ring with the others that expressed some disappointment in certs... or rather I should say in some of the people that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 10:33 pm
I like that answer, Rudy! My similar favorite is "I don't know, but here's what I'm doing to find out!".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 10:21 pm
DateTime columns have no format... the dates are actually stored as a special form of FLOAT (BOL says 2 INTs but that's not quite right). Changing the column to a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 10:08 pm
I don't use Power Builder so this will likely not be much help... but, if it were me, I'd select 1 column at a time to troubleshoot which column is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 10:00 pm
You cannot use a column name as a parameter for a table valued function. From Books Online...
Multi-statement Table-valued Functions
CREATE FUNCTION [ owner_name. ] function_name
( [ { @parameter_name [AS]...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 9:50 pm
Show us the INT value for '5/10/2007' and we'll be able to tell you (but I think you're wrong about the date) ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 9:46 pm
Um... just making sure... you're saying that the current size of TempDB is over 166 GIGA BYTES ![]()
???
I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 8:10 pm
Oh... almost forgot... if the code uses MAX(someid)+1 to determine the next "Key" or uses @@IDENTITY (SCOPE_IDENTITY is OK), that may be the source of the "Key" being out of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 8:03 pm
Here's a powerful hint... the "key" this error message speaks to is either a "Primary Key" or a column with a UNIQUE index (usually a "Primary Key" for this error).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 8:01 pm
Ah, sorry... that's too much info...
This will do it without a loop... again, if you get negative numbers for rows for some tables, you will need to do a DBCC...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 7:54 pm
Could be a couple of things, but let's go for the simple side, first.
Try adding the WITH RECOMPILE option to the stored proc... you may be fighting something bad that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 7:25 pm
Actually, I believe this is what they call a "UNIX DATETIME" and it represents the number of milliseconds since the midnight on 01/01/1970. That also makes your 5/11/2007 date incorrect (unless...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 7:14 pm
DBCC SHOWCONTIG WITH TABLERESULTS
... will show you a whole lot more than just table names and rows.
If you get negative numbers for rows for some tables, you will need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 7:01 pm
For Windows XP... TaskMgr.exe
That'll be one case of beer for asking questions outside the scope of SQL Server ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 6:56 pm
I believe this will do.
SET DATEFIRST 7 --Default for SQL Server
SELECT GETDATE()-DATEPART(dw,GETDATE())-2
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 8, 2007 at 6:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,456 through 55,470 (of 59,098 total)