Viewing 15 posts - 55,381 through 55,395 (of 59,098 total)
Books Online doesn't have the info you want/need?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2007 at 8:51 pm
Outer joins are not necessarily a bad thing... it's the criteria (or rather, lack of) that is usually responsible for the notorious reputation of outer joins. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2007 at 8:49 pm
Based on the fact that the default is for the Primary Key to get the clustered index and the fact that you're trying to create a different clustered index... I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2007 at 8:47 pm
I'm sure that I'm preaching to the choir, but I gotta say it... make sure you have an up to the minute full backup of the database (maybe even a hot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2007 at 8:40 pm
And, breaking a set of millions of rows up into smaller sets still isn't RBAR... ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2007 at 8:27 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Java or C# batch job running at that time
SQL Scheduled Jobs aren't the only show...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 10:51 pm
Thanks for the awesome compliment, Kenny... and thanks for the patch to the code!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 6:58 pm
| I really don't care how bad the query was or care about optimizing it. All I wanted... |
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 6:30 pm
Yeah... Sorry about that... was thinking about something different and didn't double check. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 6:16 pm
Whatever... I've been working with SQL Server for 12 years and I've never had to write a cursor. Yeah, sometimes the occasional While loop in a function (have even gotten...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 6:09 pm
Thanks, Edward. Take a look at the above, if you want.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 5:58 pm
For those that want to play...
--================================================================================================ -- Generate an 8 million row test file. This is NOT part of the solution. It is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 5:57 pm
Heh... I once had a friend that tried to make bottles from broken glass. That didn't work out so well, either ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 8:26 am
Thanks for the feedback, Lowell ![]()
One more thing... you said the article explains how to save each "field" as SMALLINT. Even that is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 8:18 am
You didn't answer my other question... are the dashes supposed to be delimiters?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 14, 2007 at 7:57 am
Viewing 15 posts - 55,381 through 55,395 (of 59,098 total)