Viewing 15 posts - 55,261 through 55,275 (of 59,098 total)
Why so hell-bent on using table variables? They live in the exact same place that Temp Tables do and have the disadvantage of not using statistics. Use the Temp Table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2007 at 10:41 pm
I guess I'm a lucky Man... I don't have that type of problem at work and this is the 3rd company in a row I've worked for that actually embraces...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2007 at 10:22 pm
I agree with both Andy and Steve (thanks for the feedback, guys). A blog at work could certainly be useful to the company as well as allowing the individual to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2007 at 10:14 pm
Heh! More than 6000 posts and you still haven't got it down to {Ctrl-A}{Ctrl-C} before you hit the Submit button? ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2007 at 9:52 pm
Heh... doesn't matter, Rudy... folks can always buy hardware to make up for the lack of knowledge ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2007 at 9:49 pm
PS: I here to learn and open to learn as much as I can.. |
No doubt and good attitude! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2007 at 9:48 pm
The database has been grown already by either a percentage or a fixed amount and if the new data fits into what was allotted, it will not grow again even if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2007 at 11:01 pm
No... I'm just shocked that someone who boasts the MCDBA in their signature line is asking such a question. ![]()
There is no magic to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2007 at 10:56 pm
There are, in fact, other ways using correlated subqueries in conjunction with IF EXISTS where, in the presence of correct indexes, can sometimes be made a bit faster than the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2007 at 10:17 pm
Like what, Andy? Not challenging you here... I'd really like to know...
I find that most developers are very protective of what they know because of job security and all that......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2007 at 10:12 pm
Thanks, Peter...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2007 at 11:27 pm
>>Lots of companies these days are looking to get their employees to blog...
Why would they enable yet another waste of company time using company resources? ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2007 at 11:14 pm
Most of what you say is good except for the 1:1 relationship between the support tables and the PatientRegiestration table... should be a many:1. Needs separate PK for each support...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2007 at 11:06 pm
Something like this...
SELECT c.*,z.*
FROM Customer c
LEFT OUTER JOIN PostCodeTable z
ON c.PostCode = z.PostCode
AND c.Suburb = z.Suburb
WHERE z.PostCode IS NULL
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2007 at 11:00 pm
{} are not parenthesis...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2007 at 10:54 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,261 through 55,275 (of 59,098 total)