Viewing 15 posts - 55,156 through 55,170 (of 59,098 total)
Best if you keep the content of table variables pretty short... they do not use nor can they be made to use Statistics... there are other disadvantages to table variables,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 9:43 pm
OH! SPID! I thought you meant "spud" and built a spud cannon over the weekend
Hmmm... maybe THAT will work on the users...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 8:40 pm
Joe... I don't use formulas for the Holidays nor did I suggest that... that would be stupid. Go back and look at what I said... I agree that a Holiday...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 7:08 pm
Manish,
I appreciate your attempt at simplification of the problem
... but you at least need to say that your real code has 10-12...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 7:04 pm
Now, THAT sounds like a cross-join... post the code and let's have a look-see... (provided it's not hundreds of lines long
).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 6:50 pm
| I would feel some kind of anxiety about the system which needs 9 gig for operational data. |
You ain't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 6:48 pm
I'm thinking that your problem is a combination of using the wrong Provider, using a client side cursor, and doing a count in the app instead of on the server.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 6:25 pm
Only if you use dynamic SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 6:19 pm
My company hired a SQL Server developer, on his resume he put down he had over ten years... |
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 6:16 pm
Don't need a "date walking loop". Just use the formula I posted to calculate the week days and hit a holiday table for the number of days to subtract 
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 5:22 pm
Totally wrong approach?
Heh, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, Joe. If you're talking about the code I submitted and if you think a calendar...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 5:19 pm
Wasn't meant to resolve business days per month nor figure out what a business month consists of... it was meant to find weekdays (despite the title). If you don't need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 5:14 pm
Actually, that's quite a nice compliment...
thanks ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 5:11 pm
Dizzy...
I see no similar problem... it operates as expected for the dates you posted having problems with...
-- Wed 1st May 2002 and an end date of Fri 31st...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 5:10 pm
Heh... sorry... you post faster than I do ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 8:03 am
Viewing 15 posts - 55,156 through 55,170 (of 59,098 total)