Viewing 15 posts - 55,141 through 55,155 (of 59,098 total)
ETL the "code" to a spreadsheet? Why would you do that? You'd ETL the query results to a spreadsheet... not the code. ![]()
As I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2007 at 9:49 am
Hmmm... let's see...
Oracle protects me by doing an auto-commit if I happen to mix some DDL in a proc. Really helpful there. With SQL Server explicit transactions, I have to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2007 at 8:58 am
Who are you? Why, you're part of a TEAM... and the TEAM failed. You're not just another developer if you were part of the interviewing TEAM. You should have asked...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2007 at 8:02 am
Oh well, I tried... looks like yet another newbie got what they wanted but not what they needed... knowledge ![]()
Peso, ol' friend... if you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2007 at 1:02 am
P.S. Increasing the number of rows to 30,000 (just added 50% more rows), caused the time on the first running total example to more than double at 4 minutes and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2007 at 12:57 am
Karthik,
I don't mean to sound so cynical about all the "experts"... wait, no... I do
But no one teaches the "basics" anymore. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 8, 2007 at 12:04 am
Oh, I dunno... I've seen those blogs and many more... they go on about how to configure hardware, how to split TempDB, how to defrag indexes, how to use (too...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:33 pm
Nah...too simple and way too fast... interferes with Scotch drinking time... create a double nested cursor to slow it down ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:23 pm
Yes, you can... best way to learn this one is to look up CREATE PROCEDURE in Books Online and read about it ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:17 pm
You bet, Mick. Thanks for the feedback...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:08 pm
This is an SQL Server 2000 forum... and there's no UNPIVOT in SQL Server 2000 ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:07 pm
BCP from Command Prompt itself (batch file) or Proxy user to run a job that has privs. Guess you could also use DTS if you really had to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:04 pm
Hello, Tim?
You still there? ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 10:01 pm
Heh... why? If you think this is bad, do a search on "Bankers Rounding" ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 9:56 pm
OR... NOT... ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 7, 2007 at 9:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,141 through 55,155 (of 59,098 total)