Viewing 15 posts - 54,526 through 54,540 (of 59,098 total)
First of all... I'm not going to solve all your problems with all your temp tables, etc, etc... You've already done most of that. My purpose here is just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 3:22 pm
This is a classic "Name/Value" table that you have where both the name of the attribute and the value of the attribute are contained in rows instead of having separate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 1:12 pm
Here's a way to make lots of constrained test data of many types... so far as not making "too many" rows, I agree, partially... when you are experimenting to make...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 9:16 am
luissantos (10/19/2007)
My problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 8:43 am
Heh... I thought the same thing... but there's two columns that look very much alike...
Committed_Fund_ID
Committed_Fund_Item_ID
I don't see the Committed_Fund_Item_ID being used in the problem GROUP BY query... 'course, the formatting...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 8:35 am
Heh... yeah... I forgot about that. Well said...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 8:28 am
Not sure I agee about linked servers always being slower... I've found that it depends on the number of hops it has to make... I've got several linked servers at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 8:25 am
Heh... I'm thinking you missed a great "tool box" opportunity with the DBA... not a problem... thanks for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 8:15 am
That so wierd
Umm... using passthrough "synonym" views to perform the crosstalk between databases without using the full 3 part naming convention was the whole purpose of the article... what's wierd...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 12:37 am
You didn't wait long enough
Couple of us didn't... I missed that... sorry. :ermm:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 12:29 am
vadimt (10/18/2007)
i dont need it as a function because i need it only in one place in the whole...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 12:19 am
Lowell (10/19/2007)
so...Your saying CLR's are for people who know sql, or people who don't know sql...I'm confused. 😉
By the way... this note cracked me up this morning... I almost...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 12:11 am
Heh... what'cha gonna do with a CLR that can't be easily done with good performance in T-SQL anyway? 😀 Think of it as an "omen"...;)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 12:09 am
Here is a Jeff Moden example I keep in my toolbox
Heh... thank you kindly for the "plug" 😀 Got a present for ya, MrPoleCat...
CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.AutoCrossTab
/**************************************************************************
Purpose:
-------
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 12:01 am
Went to the doctor and said "Doctor, when I hold my arm up like this (deomonstrating strange angle to arm), it hurts like hell". Doctor said, "Don't do that......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 19, 2007 at 8:05 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,526 through 54,540 (of 59,098 total)