Viewing 15 posts - 54,496 through 54,510 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... jury is still out on 2 times... it's starting to look a lot like the hardware or the installation may also make a huge difference. Davids times came...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 1:49 pm
Why would you think that that would remain unquestioned, when it was simply a repeat of the personal attack, that again, has no place in this forum?
Sorry, David, I sure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 1:37 pm
OMG... what a complete rookie copy'n'paste mistake on my part... :blush: I'm so sorry...
Lowell, here's the code, one more time... would you and David please do the honors? ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 1:23 pm
Heh... I actually haven't tried it because I won't allow folks to store images in our databases... but I don't see why it wouldn't work... it's just another form of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 12:45 pm
Hi Dave,
Man, I feel for ya... been there my own self...
Just curious, though... even if the code were just "the straw that broke the camel's back", if it has known...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 12:43 pm
Heh... that's what "embedded comments" are for 🙂 But, I understand...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 12:35 pm
I'd add things like PIVOT
Cool... Once we figure out what's meant my "missing subtrahend" in the previous code and retest, I'd love to do a test on the very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 12:32 pm
Look at the code again, but this time play a game of "Find the missing subtrahend" while doing so.
Thanks for the test, David...
Haven't "studied" the code... what do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 12:28 pm
Just to support what's already been stated... I agree... "too much" blocking is normally caused by long winded transactions or other code that simply takes too long... indexes may help,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 11:26 am
No, no! The Tally table in this code was just to have a table to demonstrate from... I copied it from the previous post that MrPoleCat posted... (heh, you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 11:01 am
Outstanding! And on a Sunday, no less! You ARE the MAN, Lowell!
I don't know about anyone else, but while a lousy 9 second difference on a lousy million...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 10:46 am
Sergiy (10/20/2007)
Probably you never got into this task seriously.
Yeah... absolutely correct... and I guess I need to learn how to use a date table for these types of things with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 9:22 am
David McFarland (10/20/2007)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 8:50 am
Lowell (10/21/2007)
Jeff's inner join example took ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 8:24 am
So what?
Heh... HOT DAMN! One performance test coming right up... somebody run the following in 2k5 'cause I still don't have it yet... I removed the ORDER...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 20, 2007 at 8:14 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,496 through 54,510 (of 59,098 total)