Viewing 15 posts - 54,481 through 54,495 (of 59,098 total)
Heh, yep... I've been there as well... puts the DBA between a rock and a hard spot.
I guess all you can do is wait, then. When it gets bad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 7:08 am
HEH!! Now, THAT's entertainment 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 7:00 am
Ah... thanks and sorry... didn't know your background and I took the really conservative route. I'm also sorry that I don't have any recommendations. I've been through a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 6:59 am
Michael Meierruth (10/22/2007)
How to you select/copy/paste the sample code in the gray background areas?When I do this I don't get any line breaks.
I know... pretty bad, huh? Hope they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 6:48 am
Heh... yeah, I've been through that. But I will give you a tip in the form of an old proverb... "Wait not, want not". I busted my hump...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 6:43 am
Heh... "the footbone's connected to the... shinbone... the shinbone's connect to the... kneebone..."
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 6:40 am
Won't be any effect if the Clustered key is on an IDENTITY column.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 1:40 am
Heh... sure... it'll affect the "dw" option of the other (not DATENAME) functions... nothing else... even if they were to break it in 2k5 🙂 Pretty sure they didn't,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 1:37 am
Sergiy (10/22/2007)
I'm sick in bed with my old laptop.Don't have access to any server at all.
:blink:
And it was long weekend here!
Bloody hell!!! :crazy:
Heh... I'm sick too! Sick of working...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 1:28 am
David McFarland (10/21/2007)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2007 at 1:23 am
Awesome, Lowell... thanks!
Sergiy was right... he expected about 2 times faster... sometimes, almost 3 times faster for the Inner Join.
You guys are the best! I'll start working on a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 6:12 pm
Hi Loner...
I'd almost bet that Deborah isn't even in IT... she's probably just a reporter making an observation. I don't see where she said "my company" anywhere.
As for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 3:29 pm
BTW... Sergiy, do you have convenient access to a 2k5 box that you could run these tests on? Would be real good if we had a 3rd set of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 2:10 pm
Sergiy (10/21/2007)
Jeff Moden (10/21/2007)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 2:06 pm
You bet... thanks for the feedback!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 21, 2007 at 2:03 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,481 through 54,495 (of 59,098 total)