Viewing 15 posts - 54,331 through 54,345 (of 59,098 total)
Kewl! Anyone interested in a million row duration test on this? 😀 I'd need some help 'cause I don't have 2k5...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 8:11 am
Thanks, Antares!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 8:06 am
IF OBJECT_ID('sometablename,'U') IS NOT NULL
DROP TABLE sometablename
Lookup OBJECT_ID in Books Online... it's worth the read. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 7:37 am
Heh... you've basically pulled the wings off of any chance of performance by using outside code to do something inside the database... you said that you want to import 26MB...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 7:36 am
Heh... Michael, thank you for the high compliment! Made my day... 🙂
o1000, Michael is correct... what you want to do just seems tremedously odd and I want to see...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 7:20 am
Heh... if you're worried that it will affect the data returned, you need to test!
And the position of the AND somecol = someval code does make a difference...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 7:14 am
Since the numbers you want are 1 to 354 and not 0 to 353, you'll probably have to change John's code just a bit...
UPDATE Random_region_lookup_table
SET Place_key = Entry_key%354
... should probably...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 7:09 am
This is a fairly common request and it always amazes me that folks would have two identical tables and be worried about synching up their contents. The only time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 6:55 am
Catcha,
Someone tried to force some serious tuning on that query... the FORCE ORDER tells the optimizer to only consider the tables in the same order as they appear in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 6:48 am
Are the random numbers allowed to repeat within a generation and are others allowed to be missing as would a true random number provide?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2007 at 6:24 am
Uh huh... sure does. Thanks, Matt 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2007 at 11:27 pm
Heh... I appreciate the feedback and, if you look at my post, I agree... I was trying to point out that Books Online leaves a bit to be desired in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2007 at 11:25 pm
Koji Matsumura (11/5/2007)
search this forum on sp_MSforeachdb
Gosh... I wouldn't use that on a bet... it's got a cursor with some steroid rage going on. I suppose it's ok for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2007 at 11:20 pm
Heh... I know what you mean, Pam... I've just got this insatiable curiosity... 😀
So, what say thee o1000? Why do you need to make over 300 NVARCHAR(MAX) columns?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2007 at 11:16 pm
Also, to help you with the "dame good technical answers" for the "dame" good interview, test, or homework question ;), you really should turn to Books Online. A simple...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 5, 2007 at 10:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,331 through 54,345 (of 59,098 total)