Viewing 15 posts - 54,136 through 54,150 (of 59,098 total)
GilaMonster (11/14/2007)
Or if Jeff wants to produce the T-SQL, I can give the C# a try, but it won't be for a couple days.
Heck ya... great idea for a test,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2007 at 6:00 pm
Shaun McGuile (11/14/2007)
Good idea Gail, I'm not gonna get in the way of battling giants!:D
Matt said it right... "boys with their toys"... just having a bit of fun... c'mon in......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2007 at 5:55 pm
KT (11/14/2007)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2007 at 5:50 pm
Heh... you've hit SQL Server in it's weak spot... RegEx... I know that's what you'll build into your CLR and I've got a funny feeling I'm going to get my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 14, 2007 at 3:10 am
In the moving of the data I forgot a job that deleted from 1 table, so in a weeks time this table became hugh.
So... you all set now?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 11:57 pm
Okidoki... I'm not a "Systems DBA" so anything I'd say would probably be wrong on this... so the following URL's are the step by step instructions on how to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 11:43 pm
Data might not be gone if the database is in the "FULL RECOVERY" mode... can you check, please? Don't do a recovery, just yet...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 11:32 pm
Absolutely! And to be fair, it IS a really extreme example... but put both pieces of code in a single QA window and run an estimated execution plan on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 10:24 pm
Actually - did you see my last post? Execution plan-wise, and processor effort-wise, CTE seems to be the "better choice".
Heh... they ALL say that until a job takes 8...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 9:40 pm
I'll pick up that gauntlet.. How about we up the ante a little. Split the string, return the PK, the split value AND the index in the original string....
Heh......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 8:56 pm
but we have others who are about to (use this to "gut" CTE's).
Like me! 😀
Heh... I don't need this thread to gut CTE's... most code examples that use them in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 5:58 pm
I've found is that in some cases one is much better than the other two
In what way? Not necessarily looking for an example, but how were they better?
CTE is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 5:38 pm
Vivien Xing (11/13/2007)
Comparing query performance from different server/SQL edition? It is supposed to compare based on the same server setting/configuration.
Isn't that like saying two different size dump trucks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 5:30 pm
Guess I'm just gonna have to document that proc from BOL... 😛
Andy, what the max number of parts a given assembly can have? There's a reason why I ask......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 7:40 am
Grumpy... looks like you have PM disabled. Wanted to send you my cell phone number. Might be fun to get together and do some 12 ounce curls wilst...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2007 at 7:36 am
Viewing 15 posts - 54,136 through 54,150 (of 59,098 total)