Viewing 15 posts - 54,106 through 54,120 (of 59,098 total)
Jeff, I'm going to steal that concat function from you. I normally resrt to temp tables and cursors
Absolutely no problem, Gail... that's one of the highest forms of compliments I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 10:42 pm
There's not much you can do to "tune" this proc... it needs to be written to use proper set-based code instead of the RBAR-on-Steriods that you're using in both this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 7:23 am
This is a duplicate post (I hate these!)... Check for the answer I gave on the other identical post...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic422993-338-1.aspx
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 7:09 am
So I have the following questions:
1) Does SQL Server 2000 allow me to access ntext fields from the inserted or deleted tables? If so, why I am getting the above...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 7:01 am
Having those settings in the sproc will help with a lot of things... but I think you need to also have those setting turned on for YOUR session when you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 6:55 am
I'd keep it simple... create a linked server to the "other" server. Then do a SELECT TOP 1 * FROM [linkedservername].Master.dbo.Sysobjects (or, in 2k5, I think it would be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 6:51 am
I'm curious though... with over two billion numbers available to the INT datatype, why do you feel it's necessary to keep the ID column "gap free"? What is the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 6:48 am
Heh... Yes... it would return "45" on "4 out of 5 stars"... it wasn't designed to make "descisions"... current function was only designed to return characters that meet a pattern.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2007 at 6:43 am
Since it's been a 3 1/2 days since I asked, I don't feel bad about saying this, at all...
I knew it! What a jerk you are! Folks like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 11:11 pm
Maybe I'm going blind... but I don't see anything obviously wrong in your query code... heh, well except for the fact that it's embedded SQL 😉
With that in mind, you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 10:51 pm
I'm thinking that if you want us to fix your car, ya gotta let us look under the hood... post both versions of the code and the precise error message.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 9:51 pm
Or, better yet... best of both worlds
select sum(CorporateRevenue07.CommissionableRevenue) as totals,
CorporateRevenue07.Code
from CorporateRevenue07
where CorporateRevenue07.ProcessDate = '6/1/07'
and CorporateRevenue07.CommissionableRevenue > 0
and CorporateRevenue07.Code like 'WCSSHORE%'
AND CorporateRevenue07.RevDate = '1/1/07'
and CorporateRevenue07.Gate = 'WW'
and CorporateRevenue07.RevType = 'TB'
group by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 9:49 pm
select sum(CorporateRevenue07.CommissionableRevenue) as totals,
LEFT(CorporateRevenue07.Code,8) AS Code
from CorporateRevenue07
where CorporateRevenue07.ProcessDate = '6/1/07'
and CorporateRevenue07.CommissionableRevenue > 0
and CorporateRevenue07.Code like 'WCSSHORE%'
AND CorporateRevenue07.RevDate = '1/1/07'
and CorporateRevenue07.Gate = 'WW'
and CorporateRevenue07.RevType = 'TB'
group by LEFT(CorporateRevenue07.Code,8)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 9:46 pm
Is it possible to say, "Starting at the right of the DestHost field, go left until the 2nd dot and drop that dot and everything to the left of it....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 9:35 pm
The keyword is contiguous.
Give me the start and end date of all contigous date sequences.
Actually, Michael... according to that bit of information, I don't think you give a rat's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2007 at 9:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,106 through 54,120 (of 59,098 total)