Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 59,098 total)
There aren't many types of fluids that have the behavior described in the article. They usually fall into the general category of "Refrigerant" and most of those are pretty nasty...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 28, 2021 at 2:21 pm
We already keep 1 month of backup on drive and anything above that should transfer to shared backup network and that is the requirement of client.
Does that one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 28, 2021 at 3:11 am
I have a DB of size 240 GB and when the rebuild index job runs the log file grows upto 300 GB. I do a online reindex activity....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 10:51 pm
Yes, but not the way you think. It's a mistake to move only the FULL backups. You have no chance of restoring to a given time without the log files. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 10:49 pm
if i have table not HEAPA and cant mannually rebuild or reorganize,persantage still the same,what else can be done?
How big or small is the table? Some tables are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 10:47 pm
Yep... I was looking at his code, as well. It appears that the OP wants only columns that contain nothing but nulls.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 9:28 pm
Agreed... Scott hit the nail on the head on this one, for sure. I've run into the identical problem several times and ended up doing just like Scott posted.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 5:33 pm
I'm with ya on having some good stuff in the Master database. I agree that a lot of people poo-poo such things but it works incredibly well especially if you're...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Good question and well versed given the referenced link
I said 13 as you can create indexes on persisted columns as referenced in a child document, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sql/relational-databases/indexes/indexes-on-computed-columns?view=sql-server-ver15
It's a real...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 3:52 pm
As a bit of a sidebar, the table I tested it against has, like I said, 147 columns. It's kind of a small table weighing in at only 8.4GB and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 2:08 am
I asked because many people are happy with code as long as it ultimately does what they need it to do, i.e. "the code's good enough for me." ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 1:45 am
Btw, why are you using such an inefficient method, checking the column values one by one?
What are you asking why instead of posting a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2021 at 1:27 am
Btw, why are you using such an inefficient method, checking the column values one by one?
What are you asking why instead of posting a link to something better?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2021 at 9:30 pm
And let's hope it's not an update to SSMS that's causing the problem. Which edition and version of SQL Server do you have and to which version of SSMS did...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Hi,
I get the object id, it stopped working when I updated the management studio, i think it is not the code, but rather a new thing i need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2021 at 9:11 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 59,098 total)