Viewing 15 posts - 52,966 through 52,980 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks for the feedback on what you did.
Heh... I sometimes forget just how lucky I am... we "clone" the database everynight at midnight to a "do what you want, users"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 10:33 pm
Now, that's a pretty good idea. Thanks, Steve.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 10:24 pm
I agree that they shouldn't be abuse or cursed at... heh... just quietly fired 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 9:40 pm
Karthik,
You, of all people, should know better... get onto the Microsoft web site and look for "What's new in" each of the different versions. Do some of your own...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 9:27 pm
they take pride in what they do, and they don't want to hear they've built a POS when they're doing their best
I've gotta disagree with you there, ol' friend. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 9:21 pm
And, I gotta disagree... this isn't a triangular join... internally generated rows to not form the classic triangle. No table has more rows spawned than either of the original...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 9:03 pm
I was just busting your chops earlier - you know that right?
Oh yeah... just got me thinking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 8:59 pm
Ok... you certainly shouldn't post that data... it contains private information and understood about the source code.
Here's the real key... you're using an application to insert 2.2 million rows, one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 3:51 pm
On second thought, it's not a triangular join... for a count of 3, a triangular join would generate...
1
1 2
1 2 3
... to get the count... 6 rows total. This...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 12:57 pm
Heh... yeah... it is... 😛
Difference is that all rows it touches are generated in the output... nothing wasted. Like I said in the article, they're not all bad...
... I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 12:49 pm
Heh... what happened to 150 questions?
The real problem with the way you wanted to do it is that if most of your questionaires only have 50 questions and you have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 12:33 pm
It sounds like you're getting data from a file, cleaning it up, and then inserting it into a database... For 2.2 million rows, this shouldn't take more than a minute...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 12:02 pm
Heck yeah there would be performance issues... performance would increase because you could properly index it 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 11:08 am
simon.letts (1/9/2008)
To make it easier ...lets say that I just have a table with just one column, trans_code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 10:30 am
You would get a lot of help if you'd at least identify what it is what you want to do... 😉
But I understand... sometimes you're in a bit of a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2008 at 9:44 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,966 through 52,980 (of 59,098 total)