Viewing 15 posts - 52,921 through 52,935 (of 59,098 total)
Spot on, Matt.
I'll also add that SQL Server seems to have "tipping points" depending on the size of the table being updated, etc. What I mean by that is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 4:24 pm
GSquared (1/15/2008)
Jeff Moden (1/14/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 4:18 pm
Heh... the DBA should know enough to keep from having to set auto-grow to 1.5GB 😉 DBA should setup an alert of sorts when the size of the database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 6:07 am
sp_helpdb is not what I need although I wish that I could read the code for it!!
That part is the easy part... execute the following code with the results in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 6:03 am
Adam Haines (1/10/2008)
I Found this workaround on this site. With this you can return a postive number of zero from a function.DECLARE @NBR INT
SET @NBR = -123456789
SELECT round(@NBR,-1-floor(log10(abs(@NBR))))
more info:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Advanced+Querying/afixfunctionintsql/2487/
Adam......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:52 am
You can also mail me on the below email address.
A bit selfish, there... no one but you would learn, then. 😉
My first reaction is "stupid people" really did it to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:40 am
If I could make a suggestion... I think auto-grow is a bit overrated... sure, in 2k5, they made it almost instantaneous... but auto-growth frequently means that the DBA hasn't planned...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:27 am
Clever... effective... and vengeful... all in the same action... I LIKE IT! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:15 am
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the feedback.
On the posting of XML you mentioned... The best thing to do would be to simply attach the XML as a file...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:11 am
Jeff Moden (1/14/2008)
Yes... use "Dynamic SQL" to accomplish this...
Ack... not enough coffee... sorry.
Gail's (GilaMonster) post is correct for this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:09 am
Chirag (1/15/2008)
between '2008/01/01 12:00:00:000 AM' and '2008/01/01 11:59:59:997 PM' if u want all records between the 2 dates.
Just a suggestion...
The optimizer is going to evaluate the BETWEEN code in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:03 am
Heh... I take the low road... disable all logins (except mine), answer the phone to see who's squawkin' 😉 (just kidding... in most cases 😛 )
Great article, David!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2008 at 9:47 pm
suma (1/14/2008)
i tryed sys.all_object, sys.procedures but no luck.
Sorry, didn't see that... if you can't find it there, then I don't know where it might be, especially if you're logged in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2008 at 9:35 pm
Yes... use "Dynamic SQL" to accomplish this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2008 at 5:30 pm
Heh... "get out there and strike a blow for liberty."
... and we'll leave the lights on for ya!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 14, 2008 at 5:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,921 through 52,935 (of 59,098 total)