Viewing 15 posts - 52,906 through 52,920 (of 59,098 total)
Paul Bakker (1/16/2008)
Does anyone have experience with the freeware version of SqlSafe? Can this product safely used in a production enviroment?
Heh... freeware...
My recommendation is that you read the license...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 7:12 am
Samuel Vella (1/16/2008)
(Did you miss my earlier posts?)
Case would be a lot easier for very simple examples but sometimes @nbr is derived and for clarity/optimization it would be better to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 6:58 am
Hey Prashant...
You remember I said "don't let it dampen your writing spirit"? Here's why... like I said, you have some good information in your article and people have already...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 6:43 am
...and everything happens in memory instead of a combination of memory and disk.
...while a temporary table exists until the server is brought down and also it uses lot of disk...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 12:44 am
You bet, Jeremy... thanks for the feedback. Just remember... if you have lots of data, BCP with a format file will absolutely scream compared to this concatenation method.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 12:27 am
Crud... guess I need to start another rant! This forum won't allow me to post a "backslash-n" even in the code window. Line 188 of the BCP format...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 12:16 am
Well.... I should have known better... as soon as I saw that it was a Government agency, I should have known that the record layout they provided wasn't going to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2008 at 12:08 am
David.Poole (1/15/2008)
LICH (1/15/2008)
Also "Analyser" should be "Analyzer"
Not if you're British it shouldn't.
Well, at least not until we've had a couple of "P's & Q's" 😀 Got beer? :w00t:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 7:12 pm
Of course... but I guess I'd rather keep it professional (or at least try to salvage some semblance of professionalism on my part after my initial outburst) by not citing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 7:05 pm
That would be the one... they're pretty smart making it a new datatype... will actually keep 23:59:59.997 code from breaking... unless it's used on the wrong column type.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:57 pm
Heh... glad someone occasionally gets a laugh out of those... 😛
More on the serious side... the "Bat with a nail in it" is actually a metaphore for what I do...
I'll...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 5:24 pm
Right idea but no need for the loop...
SELECT CAST(varchara AS CHAR(10))
+ CAST(varcharb AS CHAR(255))
+ CAST(varcharc AS CHAR(50))
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 4:58 pm
GSquared (1/15/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 4:45 pm
Wouldn't this be easier?
SELECT CASE
WHEN @Nbr > 0 THEN @Nbr
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 4:41 pm
Govind (1/15/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 15, 2008 at 4:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,906 through 52,920 (of 59,098 total)