Viewing 15 posts - 52,861 through 52,875 (of 59,098 total)
jkurtis (1/17/2008)
theres a couple problems with that.The 1st is that I'm on SQL2000.
And people wonder why I get ticked at some users... what were you thinking when you posted this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 9:10 pm
I'm thinking "simple answer" here... what were the grants on the old box?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 9:05 pm
Changing the format of the "date" column is just a repetitition of the original mistake... for more reasons than will fit in this meager window, you must NEVER store dates...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 9:03 pm
Quick show of hands... how many require that table and column comments be included in table definitions? Next question... How many require that they be done correctly? š
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 8:44 pm
I wondered when you were going to get to that point...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 8:08 pm
Daniel Storm (1/17/2008)
- Iām not asking about what a deadlock is (been...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:57 pm
Ah... sorry... I see what you're getting at, now... yes, you are correct... only way to trully avoid the RBAR of the function is to, in fact, limit to a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:43 pm
A format file example would be great š
Yeah, huh? You expect us to guess what the record layout and target table schema is?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:25 pm
Sandy (1/17/2008)
Jeff,Can you Please Look into this topic?
Cheers!
Sandy.
Another obvious cheat, Sandy?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:21 pm
Sandy (1/17/2008)
Thanks, It is working...
Jeff,
Actually I asked about this post...
" http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic444141-338-1.aspx "
Jeff,
-------------
Sandy learned nothing about what Sandy was supposed to learn... except how to cheat. Great job, Pal!...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:17 pm
I'm thinking that there's a lot of people that don't understand what a good data dictionary is nor how it's made. Regardless of the tool involved, without intelligent and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:07 pm
ALZDBA (1/17/2008)
btw the common table expression I like most is a round of beers :w00t:(expressing friendship). :smooooth:
Definitely a kindred spirit... round of beers... motorcycle for an avatar...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 7:03 pm
sqluser (1/17/2008)
Hi Sandy,Try out this ....
SELECT EXP(SUM(LOG(SID))) FROM #t
š
Man, some people just don't get it... Who's goin' for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 12:56 am
What other post? Post the URL so I don't have to look for it. š
On the homework, the method that Adam is leaning towards is not the method your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 12:41 am
Sandy (1/17/2008)
Jeff,he he he..lolz...:P ....
Now you will tell me....hee hee ..in my shop.....;)
Please Tell me the Answer,
Jeff, Is it possible or Not?
Please ....
Cheers!
Sandy.
Heh... in my shop, I tell people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2008 at 12:20 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,861 through 52,875 (of 59,098 total)