Viewing 15 posts - 52,636 through 52,650 (of 59,098 total)
Don Bernstein (2/11/2008)
unless you think that SqlServer may some day refuse to convert the Datediff result to a datetime field
That's kind of what I'm thinking... doesn't take much extra time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 4:14 pm
Could it be that simple? Your original post said you added an extended sp called "xp_add" yet in your latest post you say you are using "xp_add1". Do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 4:08 pm
John Beggs (2/11/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 4:01 pm
Print commands, like rowcounts, can sometimes be made to bubble up through the app.
However, I agree... I prefer to use Raiserror properly rather than the likes of PRINT......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 3:54 pm
ALZDBA (2/11/2008)
Don't exceed thier level, but hand over the needed hints, so they can figure out for themselves your guidance makes sence !...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 7:10 am
Ok... what would you do to return more information from each row using that method?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 6:50 am
Heh... I guess I get carried away a bit on the "little" stuff, Johan. 😉 But, you're correct... it's a crucial error that both Newbies and those that write...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 6:42 am
Dunno what to say... like I said, the following code which you posted, works fine on my machine... no errors of any sort...
[font="Courier New"];WITH T1 AS
( SELECT CAST('2007-01-01' AS DATETIME)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2008 at 6:30 am
Of course, not being always swayed by "official" documentation, I've tried it... only to be frustrated by the very same error messages as Kalhara was. I'd have to agree...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 7:44 pm
Ok... understood...
Run the following query from SSMS and let's make sure that the "server" (your Developer's Edition) can see the file...
EXEC master..xp_fileexist 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\add.dll'
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 3:45 pm
I know... you said that before...
WHICH MACHINE is that on! Is it on the SQL Server or on your DESKTOP computer?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 12:57 pm
Now we're talking! Verifiable documentation from MS (usually) works for me! Thanks, Chris!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 12:56 pm
Heh... maybe the 3rd time will be the charm...
PLEASE copy and paste the exact error you're getting... I get no errors when I run the code you posted in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 11:01 am
I'm going to say this so that everyone gets the point... 😉
No, No, No, No!!!!
Now that I have your attention, the reason why I'm being so adamant is because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 10:23 am
All good replies... but they all seem to miss the mark a bit. This question seems to be more about what you can and cannot do with variables in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2008 at 9:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,636 through 52,650 (of 59,098 total)