Viewing 15 posts - 5,251 through 5,265 (of 59,098 total)
When you said "If SQL Server 6.5 and 7 worked that way - then it was incorrect.", the only thing that was incorrect there was you thinking so. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2021 at 2:23 pm
My very general advice would be to stick to base tables and not use any of the features outside of the ANSI ISO standards for creating tables. Essentially, this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2021 at 1:04 am
I agree with that... but only 99.9% of the time., 😀 "It Depends".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 25, 2021 at 12:49 am
GETDATE(), GETUTCDATE(), etc., are niladic nondeterministic functions.
A niladic function has no parameters. A nondeterministic function returns different values with the same inputs (the exact results of a GETDATE() call cannot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Gosh... I agree that it's been quite a while but it seems to me that SQL Server 6.5 and 7 worked just fine in this area and I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2021 at 4:46 pm
Ah. Got it. It's an interesting question and, hopefully, someone will come back with the answer. If nothing else, this post will act as a "bump" for it. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2021 at 1:47 pm
I've not yet learned how to even spell "Azure" but a quick web search led me to the following article. From your description, I'm thinking it contains the information you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2021 at 6:36 am
Gosh... I agree that it's been quite a while but it seems to me that SQL Server 6.5 and 7 worked just fine in this area and I've not had...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2021 at 6:29 am
But for backups initiated by 3rd party tools, I wonder if setting up the alert in SQL agent will it able to capture any failures as well?
Have you looked...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2021 at 6:27 am
Hi,
You can use the undocumented function sys.fn_dblog() to identify the insert time from the transaction log.
Please refer to the following link for more details.
https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/189485/how-can-i-find-time-of-an-insertion#:~:text=2%20Answers&text=You%20can%20find%20INSERT%20time,name)%20in%20the%20result%20set.
Thanks.
It'll be interesting to try to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2021 at 2:24 am
First of all, if missing a single T-Log backup causes the T-Logs to grow too large, then you folks need to sit down and come up with some extra space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2021 at 3:08 pm
This is how I solved the issue:
use InputDatabase;
run my scripts where my inserts look like this:
insert into OutputDatabase.Scheme.Table
I still don't understand why it matters so much if the current...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2021 at 2:45 am
Hi,
I have to import csv files with hundreds of columns and only few thousands of records. The flat file import wizard does not do full sampling and may identify...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2021 at 1:11 am
Thank you Phil.
Would it be advisable to do it in SQL server itself, as we have some senior management they opted to use SQL server only (son interms of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2021 at 12:54 am
Really helpful in understanding the topic.The content is good and understandable.
Awesome!. What did you actually like about "the content" and how was it "really helpful"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 21, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 5,251 through 5,265 (of 59,098 total)