Viewing 15 posts - 51,886 through 51,900 (of 59,098 total)
M.van Leewen (3/11/2008)
I have deactivated autoshrink and I will plan better :D. I learned a lot in a few post from you all. Thanks.
I ran the estimated...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 9:55 am
My answer would be, do your own interview. These answers are in Books Online.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 9:33 am
Ya beat me to it, Andras... 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 9:28 am
I believe you just need to make the column in the target table wider to hold that information.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 9:18 am
GilaMonster (2/8/2008)
Not directly, though you could convert the month number inot a date.SELECT DATENAME(month,'1900/' + CAST(monthNumber AS VARCHAR(2)) + '/01')
Heh, too much VARCHAR in that for me, Gail... 😛
SELECT DATENAME(mm,DATEADD(mm,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 9:15 am
Heh... use ALL the features! Force Upgrades! Make your friends jealous! Keep up with the Jones'! 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 9:12 am
Now... THAT I absolutely agree with! And for the very same reasons!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 8:58 am
Yeay... sorry Adam... I see that now.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 8:46 am
Sorry folks... was in a hurry and didn't see the earlier suggestions when I posted about sp_MSForeEachDB.
I'd rather not use triggers if I can help it... by the same token,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 8:44 am
J Sitz (3/11/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 8:19 am
Event's table should have it's own PK and a unique index on the other two columns you spoke of.
SQL Server 2005 does have a ranking function. 2000 does not....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 8:10 am
I say again... Just like SQL allows itself to take any form... or Java... or...
I've seen some absolutely gorgeous VBS both formatting wise and code wise. I've also...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 7:57 am
Grant is correct... great pains await you especially if you try to take any shortcuts. Whatever you do, make sure you have a viable backup table somewhere. You...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 7:34 am
Adam Bean (3/10/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 7:30 am
Yeah... I wanna know to...
Simple way (although it uses cursors in the background), is to Google sp_MSForEachDB.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2008 at 7:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,886 through 51,900 (of 59,098 total)