Viewing 15 posts - 51,646 through 51,660 (of 59,098 total)
I haven't tried it on a computed column, but I think you should be able to do an ALTER TABLE/ALTER COLUMN...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 9:40 pm
kaiitong (3/18/2008)
Do I look like want your concern? NOPE
Did you come to answer my question? No
Why this topic's still active since...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 9:21 pm
i challenge pointless requirements. i want to know why a requirement exists because i've seen far too many 'requirements' turn out to be unused and unneeded.
I absolutely agree...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 9:18 pm
LOL... Sorry, Matt... I just had this thought of you hanging another bag of coffee... I'm on my third one... 5 gallon bags, mind you... 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 9:01 pm
Andrew_Webster (3/18/2008)
In Excel, go to Data, Import External Data..., then either Import Data or New Database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:56 pm
Yep... I gotta agree with that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:53 pm
Sergei Zarembo (3/18/2008)
Jeff,thank you for explaining this. You are a big help as usual. I'll test and get back with results.
Sergei
Thanks, Sergei.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:51 pm
I already did suggest a solution... lookup Crosstab in BOL and convert it to dynamic SQL.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:48 pm
Hi Tony... still not 100% clear on what the data file actually looks like... can it have more than on person in it and, if it does, will it look...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:45 pm
s43s (3/18/2008)
Thanks!!! 🙂
You bet... thank you for the feedback. If you want to learn more, take a look at Todd's code. It's a good example of what the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:36 pm
and i guarantee you the person that set the "requirement" can't read code and wouldn't know the difference
Heh... you must be having a bad day... No? I guarantee you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:22 pm
Lynn Pettis (3/18/2008)
SELECT
*
FROM
dbo.tblData
WHERE
MonthID between ((3 * @Quarter) - 2) and (3 * @Quarter)
If MonthID is indexed, you still...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:10 pm
For your next post... read the article at the URL in my signature line.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:07 pm
How many of those "unique identifiers" and sections of names do you have in a file and are they all the same (not the names, the over all structure you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:04 pm
I keep hoping that students will try harder than most of the current set of dummies that couldn't hit the floor with their hat and don't care if they can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 7:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,646 through 51,660 (of 59,098 total)