Viewing 15 posts - 51,616 through 51,630 (of 59,098 total)
but when i couldn't i found far too many project managers who would never challenge anything, big or small.
Now, there's something I agree with... that's why the "shop" needs a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 10:11 am
I sure do understand that... politics and education, profit and learning... frequently, they are diametric opposites.
Grant is pretty much spot on... you're probably an absolute Ninja at Oracle and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 9:46 am
Hello Jim,
Heh... I'm just going to assume that you meant "Jeff"... 😛
When I originally read your solution, it seem like you got the impression that I was looking to take...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 9:28 am
Heh... you mean besides "impressive" 😀
If I were you, I'd list the following in my objectives on a resume...
Manager/Director of IT/MIS
Hybrid DBA (Systems/Application/ETL)
Data Architect/Modeler
Certified Instructor/Mentor
If you don't want to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 8:50 am
yep... that and if Crystal Reports is on the server, dunno if it still does this but it used to leave 1 file per page rendered and never removed them....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 8:36 am
Deletes tmpTable on Sql Server
By that, do you mean it uses a DROP TABLE command, A DELETE statement to remove all rows, or a TRUNCATE to remove all rows?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 8:30 am
Tony, let's not build this one little requirement at a time... how about posting a whole user (like I asked before, no private info, please) so we can help you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 8:25 am
Heh... did I make ya blow coffee out your nose, Matt? 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 7:27 am
Heh... yeah... nothing like the "TimeStamp" data type here... isn't hind site wonderful? :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 7:25 am
Heh... Hence the name... varDECIMAL 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 7:07 am
No link required, actually... The term "Well formatted" should be common knowledge. But even if it's not, here's what your text attachments look like because you have no carriage...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 7:03 am
I also recommend you lookup CREATE PROCEDURE in Books Online and study it... there's a wealth of information about parameters and defaults for parameters there.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 6:32 am
Not sure, but I think "C2" auditing may do this... I've never used it so I don't know all of the details... check Books Online.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 6:29 am
I assume they already know this... but they need to do a "disk cleanup" and probably a defrag before they start manually selecting files for deletion.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 6:21 am
Jeff Moden (3/19/2008)
Yes... lookup CASE, BREAK, and RETURN in Books Online (comes free with SQL Server)
On second thought... it looks more like you're trying to do control of flow... lookup...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2008 at 6:16 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,616 through 51,630 (of 59,098 total)