Viewing 15 posts - 51,061 through 51,075 (of 59,098 total)
Matt Miller (4/17/2008)
If you start doing Crane kicks...I'm outta here:hehe:
Ya gotta be "stumped" to practice those...:hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 6:27 pm
Keep in mind what I said in the conclusion of the article on triangular joins...
Not all Triangular Joins are bad. With some restraint and the right criteria, Triangular Joins can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 6:15 pm
escaleraroyal (4/17/2008)
Jeff Moden (4/16/2008)
escaleraroyal (4/16/2008)
Vendor says the same applicationX runs fast in another company1 which has a higher volumne of data. He thinks it's our clustering server that is causing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 6:09 pm
jburkman (4/17/2008)
Jeff Moden (4/17/2008)
Jeff Moden (4/17/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 9:49 am
Jeff Moden (4/17/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 8:56 am
Despite that... there's a lot of good information on this thread.:D
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 8:39 am
It's a tail yank, Brandie... someone who hates East Indians and is trying to give them a bad name. It would appear that was the whole intent of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 8:34 am
Look for CHAR(13) carriage return or CHAR(10) line feed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 8:27 am
Highwayman (4/17/2008)
but the good news is that now management sees why their design sucks..and I have been given a green light to begin working on normalization...
Then it all worked out!...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 8:07 am
I'm hoping it's just a tail yanking... dunno if it killed the thread or not... we'll see... heh, like everything else, "It Depends". 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 8:02 am
Yeaup... I absolutely agree that things like GROUP BY and by making sure that the triangular joins make very small triangles can be very effective. Still, it's something to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 7:53 am
You just shouldn't put an ORDER BY in a view... what if someone wants it in a different order... lots of wasted clock cycles.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 7:10 am
rbarryyoung (4/16/2008)
And now a word from our sponsors ...;)
Heh... didn't mean too push the sponsor... and I wouldn't have if I never used it. :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 7:01 am
Set up a million row test like I taught you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 6:59 am
Mark Markov (4/17/2008)
I came back here today and was amazed to find 31 pages of responses! I could never imagine that my post would be so popular!
Here's an update on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 6:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,061 through 51,075 (of 59,098 total)