Viewing 15 posts - 51,046 through 51,060 (of 59,098 total)
Just checking... you mean you have no record layout information for this? We can guess that the first 8 digits are in the yyyymmdd format, and we can guess...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2008 at 9:37 am
Heh...Again, I thought we were talking about "exceptional" DBA's. You posted...
I would suggest that any Exceptional DBA needs:
Sound knowledge of all "core" aspects of a DBA's job
Inside-out knowledge...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2008 at 9:18 am
Michael Valentine Jones (4/18/2008)
First, locate all the SQL Servers.Then, look at each SQL Server to see what databases are on it.
Heh... having one of "those" days, Michael? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 6:09 pm
Matt Miller (4/18/2008)
I'd think it's because you're using an example that doesn't require materialization.
I agree... even with a CTE, I'll try to return as few rows and columns as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 5:29 pm
Gus... nice testing!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 5:25 pm
Matt Miller (4/16/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 5:05 pm
Very nicely done, Ian! Congratulations!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 4:56 pm
Steve F. (4/18/2008)
I have a table with over 10 million rows. Each row has one of 8 dates attached to it, roughly evenly distributed across the 8 days. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 6:52 am
As you probably already know (just making sure), CTE's are nothing more than another way of creating a derived table except you do it up front instead of in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 6:44 am
Jim Russell (4/18/2008)
I don't care about the job title of the author of the problematic query, I just want to limit the impact.
(And...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 6:03 am
Highwayman (4/17/2008)
I was able to rewrite my joins...so they didn't have to be nested....so the correlated sub query is working much faster.....Thank you again to everyone!!!!
Would you mind posting your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 5:54 am
Thanks folks. I really appreciate the feedback especially on a long one like that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 18, 2008 at 5:53 am
I like the numbers table based solution better, too! It eliminates the loop, runs faster because it uses a single insert, and is a bit easier on the eyes.
See...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 10:54 pm
Sorry folks... dunno how I missed this one.
Antonio... I sure do appreciate the attention to detail you put into the tests you did and the reports that followed. Absolutely...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 10:20 pm
Glad you posted this... Cheddar late than never... 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 17, 2008 at 7:09 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,046 through 51,060 (of 59,098 total)