Viewing 15 posts - 50,776 through 50,790 (of 59,098 total)
Hi Bill,
Ok... understood about the "cell" being the intersection of a row/column. Guess I need to see raw data without any split attempt on your part. Could you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 9:14 pm
I agree... judging from some of the "Why am I getting this error" questions on the forum, implicit conversions to "bite" people a lot. This "simple" question is a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 10:07 am
susheereddy (5/3/2008)
can i accomplish the same task by using xp_cmdshell and bulk insert... because we are using sql server 2000
DTS in SQL Server 2000 is kinda like SSIS in SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 9:39 am
3 Marks isn't bad or good... it means "average" and it is an "Average" question. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 9:30 am
The bottom line is that I don't know exactly what you're trying to do and can't help unless I understand. Parsing isn't difficult at all... if you can spend...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 9:20 am
Ok... I'm starting to feel like I'm being trolled a bit here, Bill.
What else is in the table besides that... show more than 1 "record" please.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 9:09 am
Yes.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 9:08 am
peace2007 (5/3/2008)
Did you go buy the number of processors and create a files for each i.e if have 4 processors do you have 4 files for tempdb ..just curious.
So...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2008 at 8:56 am
You have a table with a single column and no external identifiers? Did you read the URL I pointed you to? You're not providing enough information for anyone...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 5:18 pm
First, take a look at the URL in my signature to get better help, faster. 😉
Following my own "rules", here some test tables and some test data...
--===== Presets
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 1:33 pm
In "old" SQL Server 2000, "schema" was actually called "owner". It's the login or role that owns the object. It's assigned when the object is created and defaults...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 10:07 am
I'm not sure what you mean by find all "month numbers" or "i want all the months inbetween to be listed"... do you want to find the first of every...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 9:53 am
Nicely done, Matt! I guess my only exception to what you said is that I use it to "replace loops" all the time. Although.... I'll agree that it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 1:17 am
Simon... take a peek at the following URL...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic494388-145-1.aspx#bm494619
Same technique can be used in SQL Server 2000 using VARCHAR(8000) with some limit, of course.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 1:05 am
This is a double post... please post any replies at the following URL...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic494354-338-1.aspx
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 3, 2008 at 12:59 am
Viewing 15 posts - 50,776 through 50,790 (of 59,098 total)