Viewing 15 posts - 50,746 through 50,760 (of 59,098 total)
Holy Moly... that's one heck of a lot of analysis. Did they actually get anything useful out of all that?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 8:22 am
dfalso (5/6/2008)
I'll attempt to give an example to illustrate (btw, this also illustrates a candidate for an appropriate use of cursors):
Think...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 8:18 am
GSquared (5/6/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 7:31 am
Now, you know why I've chosen the Avatar that I have... 🙂
Cursors = RBAR
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:53 am
The reason why the variable had the value subtracted twice is to make it work properly... you wanted the running total to NOT include the current value and that's one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:24 am
Kent Waldrop (5/5/2008)
Hmm 99.99%. Maybe as far as cursors go you "can't loathe them enough."
Heh... to be clear, I've never written a cursor except to show how slow they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:15 am
Sorry... didn't know that...
Still, I posted some questions on that other thread because I need more info to help you. Any answers on those?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:12 am
Thank you for the feedback 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 5:56 am
Like I said, the data needs to be made more consistent... and the code below does that. About all you need to do is change the path to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 5:47 am
wdillon (5/5/2008)
Hi JeffHum, you are right, it's pretty messed up. I'll attach a zip file of the orginal and see if that works.
Thanks
Bill
Thanks... that's a lot better.
Suggestion on using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 2:11 am
shalini_pdi (5/5/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 12:04 am
GSquared (5/5/2008)
http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/t-sql-programming/the-helper-table-workbench/
by the lovely Robyn Page and the hillarious Phil Factor (I hope I didn't get that backwards 🙂 ).
The only thing I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2008 at 11:32 pm
Levoin (5/5/2008)
Hi Jeff,Thank you for you answer. Helps a lot.
What's the problem with cursors?
Franck
Two things... first, they consume more resources and locks than necessary... those can be mostly overcome by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2008 at 9:42 am
Thanks for the feedback, Sergey!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2008 at 9:28 am
Keith DuAime (5/5/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2008 at 8:43 am
Viewing 15 posts - 50,746 through 50,760 (of 59,098 total)