Viewing 15 posts - 50,731 through 50,745 (of 59,099 total)
Let's talk about just the ones for Category "A"... which one do you want to keep? The one with the lowest value EmpID or the highest?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 11:35 pm
Ah... understood.
Dunno why, but ever since I had a boss that wanted to pay me with "virtual money", I've been put off by the word "virtual". 😛 Haven't gotten...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 10:45 pm
I don't know about Sergiy, but the only big advantage I've found is that I don't have to convince reluctant DBA's into having two helper tables. I haven't tested...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 9:59 pm
tobe_ha (5/5/2008)
I would also appreciate any idea that differs from mine.
The concatenation method show in the article at the following URL might help... I certainly haven't tried it on 100,000...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 9:26 pm
dfalso (5/6/2008)
Jeff Moden (5/6/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 9:11 pm
dfalso (5/6/2008)
Jeff Moden (5/6/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 8:27 pm
Heh... you made my day, Sergiy. I've been trying to convice a DBA on a little side job of those very same points... he's doing things like using calculated...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 8:00 pm
susheereddy (5/6/2008)
and the file name will be in this format [deposit]yearmonthtime.
yearmonthtime... so no days in there. The year could be 2 or 4 digits. The month could be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:55 pm
Outstanding, Sergiy... you've reminded me of a couple of questions that I've always wanted to ask about such multi-purpose (Numbers/Tally + Date table + other) tables... guess now's as good...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:38 pm
Well, at least it has some documentation to let you know what's going on... that's a start.
You already know the bad news... this code has joins of concatenated address columns...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 6:14 pm
wdillon (5/6/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 5:41 pm
Matt Miller (5/6/2008)
Steve's had a buzzer implanted on Jeff, that goes off each time a new post is added...:)
So THAT's what it is! Here I was trying to cut...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 5:32 pm
Thanks for the info, guys! 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 4:43 pm
matt6749 (5/6/2008)
DECLARE @sql nvarchar(4000)
SET @sql = 'SELECT ID, Name, Address
FROM
(SELECT ID, Name, Address,
ROW_NUMBER()...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 4:41 pm
Ok... I'll try a third and final time... I'm trying to help you do this using xp_CmdShell and Bulk Insert, as you requested. I asked you a couple of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 6, 2008 at 9:09 am
Viewing 15 posts - 50,731 through 50,745 (of 59,099 total)