Viewing 15 posts - 4,681 through 4,695 (of 59,098 total)
Steve,
I'm pretty sure that most folks will recommend against the use of the Lightweight Pooling option for most things. The reason I mentioned it was to make sure it wasn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 14, 2021 at 12:39 am
I agree with Brian. The code you posted doesn't even contain the "product_month" column and so I also wonder if you have the correct code posted or if you've just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2021 at 11:17 pm
It could be a settings difference between VS and SSIS. For example, VS could be using connections that use one type of setting for ANSI NULLs and SSIS could be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2021 at 10:27 pm
Been there and done that. Totally understood.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2021 at 4:58 pm
Only based on history, I've seen a lot of times where someone swears nothing was changed with anything having to do with the front end only to find out later...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2021 at 1:18 pm
Wouldn't it have been nice if MS had made the "datepart" of all these temporal functions so they could have take a variable? Lordy.
I do like that code, Jonathan.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2021 at 4:14 am
Nicely done, Alan. Your code runs faster than GetNums and fnTally because it only uses 2 CROSS JOINs instead of 31 and 3 respectively. It also doesn't have the habit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 13, 2021 at 3:24 am
I know this sounds a bit stupid but I can't see what you see. My first check would be to see if the "missing" databases actually exist any more. My...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2021 at 7:08 pm
The answer to your question is most likely "YES" but you've not provided enough information to go any further than that. Please see the first link in my signature line...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2021 at 6:04 pm
Hello,
I am looking for help to understand how to generate multiple rows based on Start and End Dates. What I have is customers enrolled into a monthly fee with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2021 at 5:31 pm
How about a Batch delete with batches to delete.
DECLARE @batch INT
SET @batch = 10000 /* SIZE OF BATCH */ ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2021 at 4:35 pm
You have your own odel and that's fine. What I took exception to was your passive aggressive and highly judgemental mouth saying such condescending things like you being...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2021 at 3:40 pm
RowCnt NullCnt 949718305 391584820
That means that you're trying to delete about 41% of your table.
DELETEs are fully logged even in the simple...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 12, 2021 at 5:52 am
Ok... the next step is for us to make a bit of an assessment. Please run the code (change the table name if it's not correct).
SELECT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Scratch my previous. The table you provided the code for has a NOT NULL for the attribute name but it does allow nulls for the attribute value. Why are you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 10, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,681 through 4,695 (of 59,098 total)