Viewing 15 posts - 4,546 through 4,560 (of 59,098 total)
You don't need a table valued function. A view will do the job:
"It Depends". I've found that a whole lot of folks end up writing code that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 3:42 pm
Apologies for not including more detail on the issue. The error is"An INSERT EXEC statement cannot be nested."
I tried changing the table variable to a temp table but still...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 3:15 pm
It partially depends on WHY you have so much free space in your database.
If a lot of old data has been deleted and, like most people, end up doing just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm
You don't need a table valued function. A view will do the job:
"It Depends". I've found that a whole lot of folks end up writing code that causes all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 2:49 pm
You could try SSIS Catalog Migration Wizard on Visual Studio Marketplace.
That link is broken.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 3:52 am
Can you please assist with some way.
Thank you
Heh... DUDE! Look at the latest post I have code posted in! ;D
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 3:48 am
I'll try to get back to this tomorrow. I ran out of time today.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 4, 2021 at 3:47 am
Database and index reviews cannot be automated. No software now does even a reasonably decent job of doing that. It must be done by a person.
Just to be sure,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2021 at 10:27 pm
Editing of this post in process. Will repost in a couple of minutes.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 3, 2021 at 10:14 pm
From my previous life as a production engineer (making stuff) I'd call it an improvement in resolution, rather than accuracy. Along the same lines as someone hamfisted using a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2021 at 7:59 pm
Can you show me please what that code will look like?
Sure but the is no clear definition that I can see of what the desired output is in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2021 at 7:54 pm
If you look at the previous code, 90% of the answer is in the first CTE. All you have to do to that is add some of the original columns...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Jeff, I'm not about points (I give most of mine away) or "3 pointing stripes", whatever that means. Somewhat like yous here, I donate my time to help people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2021 at 6:44 pm
A possible alternative to all that is maybe it should be in an iTVF (inline Table Valued Function) so that it can be called by multiple procs and still be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Current index inventory
Current index usage
New indexes recommendations
What do you think should I add ?
NOTE: Edited to clarify what can be automated and what requires "human judgement".
And I give up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 2, 2021 at 6:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,546 through 4,560 (of 59,098 total)