Moving SSISDB Catalog from 2012 to 2014

• I have moved the SSISDB database to a new instance which is 2014 (SP1 CU5). Visual Studio 2013 is installed.

The packages show in the new SSIS Catalog but I'm not able to modify or execute them.

When I simply right-click a package and Execute - I get error:

"The required components for the 64-bit edition of Integration Services cannot be found. Run SQL Server Setup.

A .NET Framework error occurred during the execution of a user routine or aggregate."

I get the same error when I try to modify a package.

There's not much info on the web about this error so I may have overlooked something really simple.

Thanks for any tips. John

• dbaforever (10/6/2016)

I have moved the SSISDB database to a new instance which is 2014 (SP1 CU5). Visual Studio 2013 is installed.

The packages show in the new SSIS Catalog but I'm not able to modify or execute them.

When I simply right-click a package and Execute - I get error:

"The required components for the 64-bit edition of Integration Services cannot be found. Run SQL Server Setup.

A .NET Framework error occurred during the execution of a user routine or aggregate."

I get the same error when I try to modify a package.

There's not much info on the web about this error so I may have overlooked something really simple.

Thanks for any tips. John

I was just reading a blog on the same error, same scenario. It's probably worth taking a look and see if it applies:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sql_biogger/2015/04/05/importing-deploying-executing-the-ssis-packages-fails-on-the-newly-migrated-ssisdb-of-sql-server-2014/

Sue

• Thank you, Sue H/Old Hand. That article sure seems to apply to my situation. I was hoping I could avoid manually importing 50 SSIS packages but maybe not.

This seems to be a bug that MS should fix, IMO.

Thanks,

John

• Did any one get any solution for this. I am also trying to migrate the SSISDB/Catalog from SQL2016 to SQL2019 and getting same error.  Its seems like it is the MS bug for SSIS migration with upgrading SSIS version. I can migrate successfully between same version of SQL server but not like with upgrade new version. I follow the exact stapes which MS provided in their link with freshly setup the sql server, I can successfully setup in SQL2016(same version) but not to SQL2019

If anyone know how to migrate the SSISDB/Catlaog to high version please let us know. I have more then 4oo SSIS projects and around 900 siss packages are there, I can't manually import one by one.

msg 27222, Level 16, State 1, Line 49

The required components for the 64-bit edition of Integration Services cannot be found. Run SQL Server Setup to install the required components.

Msg 6522, Level 16, State 1, Procedure internal.check_schema_version_internal, Line 0 [Batch Start Line 48]

A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "check_schema_version_internal":

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The required components for the 64-bit edition of Integration Services cannot be found. Run SQL Server Setup to install the required components.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionSmi.EventSink.DispatchMessages(Boolean ignoreNonFatalMessages)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQuerySmi(Boolean sendToPipe)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteToPipe(SmiContext pipeContext)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Server.SqlPipe.ExecuteAndSend(SqlCommand command)

• I might be too late to answer.

You could try SSIS Catalog Migration Wizard on Visual Studio Marketplace.

This wizard does any sort of migration of the SSIS catalog in a matter of a few clicks.

ezgif.com-gif-maker

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Kunal Rathi.
  • Kunal Rathi wrote:

You could try SSIS Catalog Migration Wizard on Visual Studio Marketplace.

That link is broken.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hi Jeff,

The above link at least works for me.

You could try the documentation link instead.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply